|Founded||1993 by Michael R. Sandler|
|Headquarters||101 Federal Street, 12th Fl., Boston, MA|
|Employees||65 (as of September 30, 2009)|
Eduventures, Inc. provides research, data, consulting, and advisory services for the higher education community.
The seven Eduventures Learning Collaboratives are:
- The Academic Leadership Learning Collaborative
- The Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness Learning Collaborative
- The Continuing and Professional Education Learning Collaborative
- The Development Learning Collaborative
- The Enrollment Management Learning Collaborative
- The Online Higher Education Learning Collaborative
- The Schools of Education Learning Collaborative
The company was founded in 1993 by Michael R. Sandler, a lifelong entrepreneur and graduate of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. The company's first report, the annual “Education Industry Report” was one of the first systematic attempts to analyze education as an industry sector. Eduventures later expanded its services to include financial research and advice to education entrepreneurs and the venture capital community. From there, Eduventures branched into new areas such as advising publishers and technology providers about the higher education and K-12 markets and began providing traditional strategic consulting to colleges and universities.
In August 2004, Eduventures founded the Continuing and Professional Education Learning Collaborative, its first Learning Collaborative program. Other Learning Collaboratives soon followed, with the Academic Leadership Learning Collaborative launched as the most recent program in March 2008.
Today, Eduventures anaylsts advise higher education institutions and other organizations in the education industry on issues such as online learning, changes in publishing models, and innovation in higher education.
Eduventures is financially backed by the Invus Group LLC and Knowledge Investment Partners LLC.
- Mark R. Nemec, Ph.D. – President and CEO
- Alicia Martinelli – Managing Vice President, Finance and Operations
- Eric Bassett - Vice President, Practice Leader
- Gerald DiGiusto - Vice President, Practice Leader
- Kristen Fox - Vice President, Practice Leader
- Richard Garrett - Vice President, Principal Analyst
- Eduventures Web Site Accessed on December 8, 2009.
- Eduventures Web Site Accessed on November 8, 2012.