- Not to be confused with Ed Beisser, an All-American basketball player for Creighton University in the 1940s.
Edward Beiser (March 10, 1942 in New York City - September 4, 2009 in Warwick, Rhode Island) was an American political scientist, constitutional scholar, law professor and medical ethicist who taught at Brown University from 1968 to 2003.[dead link] He also served as associate dean of Brown's medical school.
Beiser was a graduate of the City College of New York and held a Ph. D in political science from Princeton University and a law degree from Harvard Law School. He taught at Williams College from 1965 to 1968 prior to joining the Brown faculty.
- The Rhode Island Supreme Court: A Well-Integrated System. Law & Society Review, 1973.
- Ethics and Public Policy. Audio Cassette & VHS. The Great Courses, 1994.
- Dr. Edward Beiser, The Jewish Voice and Herald, Oct 2, 2009
- Providence Journal, Jan 10, 1998
- Providence Journal, May 3, 1989
|This biography of an academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|