Edward Bonham Carter
Edward Henry Bonham Carter was born and raised in Golders Green, London. He is the elder son of Raymond Bonham Carter, who was a merchant banker, and Elena (née Proper de Callejón), a psychotherapist of Jewish descent. He has two younger siblings: his sister is the actress Helena Bonham Carter and his brother is Thomas Bonham Carter, who co-manages a corporate governance agency. He went to Harrow School and the University of Manchester where he studied Economics and Politics. He is a distant cousin of the actor Crispin Bonham Carter.
He was appointed Chief Investment Officer of Jupiter Fund Management in July 1999. In 2000, he took over as joint chief executive when John Duffield left over disagreements with the management of Commerzbank. In 2007 he led a management buy-out, supported by US private equity firm TA Associates in which Jupiter staff (95% of whom bought shares in Jupiter) took a majority stake in the business. In June 2010, Bonham Carter led an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of the Company on the London Stock Exchange. Employees remain significant holders of Jupiter's shares. In January 2014 he became a non executive director of property firm Land Securities and in March 2014 Bonham Carter stepped back from his role as CEO of Jupiter to become Vice Chairman. He was succeeded by Maarten Slendebroek who joined the firm from Blackrock in September 2012.
Edward married former Wish You Were Here? presenter Victoria Studd on 1 October 1994 at Penn, Buckinghamshire, England.[better source needed] The couple have three children: Harry, Maud Vanna and Tobias Gilbert Bonham Carter.[better source needed]
- James Moore (2007-04-26). "Business profile: The gods smile on Bonny". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- Nigel Cope (2001-07-16). "The Monday Interview: Edward Bonham Carter". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- Kieron Root (2003-12-01). "Mud, mud, glorious mud". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- Pridham, Helen; "Q&A: Edward Bonham-Carter" TimesOnline.co.uk, 24 February 2004
- James Moore (2007-07-14). "Edward Bonham Carter: Jupiter's principal asset". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Bonham Carter's top tips" (speaking to Michael Clarke) ThisIsMoney.co.uk, 21 October 2006.