Edward Chancellor is a financial historian, journalist and investment strategist. In 2008, he joined GMO’s asset allocation team. He graduated from Trinity College, Cambridge with first class honours in Modern History, and from St Antony's College, Oxford with a Masters of Philosophy in Modern History. He is a former deputy US editor for Breakingviews.com, and for worked for Lazard Brothers in the early 1990s.
He is a columnist for Financial Times and has written for numerous other publications.
- 2007 George Polk Award
- "Ponzi Nation", Institutional Investor, February 2007
- Devil Take the Hindmost: A History of Financial Speculation, Farrar, Straus, Giroux, 1999, ISBN 978-0-374-13858-5
- Capital Account: A Money Manager's Reports from a Turbulent Decade (1993-2002), Thomson/Texere, 2004, ISBN 978-1-58799-180-6
- Crunch Time for Credit (2005)
- "Edward Chancellor: Asset Allocation Insights", Seeking Alpha