Edward Coke Crow
Crow attended Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri and served as an attorney for Anheuser-Busch before serving as the 23rd Attorney General of Missouri from 1897 to 1905. He represented Jasper County, Missouri. Crow was also a friend and advisor to Missouri Governor Lloyd Crow Stark, who served from 1937 to 1941.
He was a member of the Carthage Light Guard in Carthage, Missouri. It was a very highly esteemed group and was the pride of Carthage, Jasper county, Missouri. It later became the 2nd Missouri Militia. A photo of the Light Guard was published in 1881 in the Carthage Press.
Edward was married first to Mary Eichelberger, c. 1879. This marriage was later annulled. Crow later married Gustavia "Gussie" Hanna on 14 September 1890 at Marshall, Missouri. They had ten children.
Edward Coke Crow died in Los Alamitos, California.
One of Edward Coke Crow's and Gussie Hanna Crow's children was Margaret Elizabeth Crow. Margaret Crow was born in Jasper County, Missouri. She later Married Edward Preble Shaw on 11/08/1913 in St Louis Missouri, they later moved to Los Angeles, California in October 1916.
After moving to Los Angeles, Margaret Elizabeth Crow and Edward Preble Shaw had 2 children. Their first child was named Edward Preble Shaw, JR who was born 07/17/1918. Their second child was Margaret Elizabeth Shaw, born 10/26/1920. While living in Los Angeles Margaret and Edward gave birth to Margaret Elizabeth Sis Shaw, who was born in Hollywood, Los Angeles on October 26, 1920.
On January 27, 1939 Elizabeth Sis Shaw married, Hardesty James Mcallister in Yuma Arizona, but lived in Whittier California for most of their marriage. While living in Whittier Margaret and Hardesty Mcallister gave birth to Neil Hardesty Mcallister on February 12, 1944 and Reed Edward Mcallister on September 4, 1949. Elizabeth, Hardesty, Neil and Reed Mcallister successfully operated Mcallister Cadillac for over 80 years and today is still the longest family owned automobile dealership in the nation.
Reed Edward Mcallister then went on to marry Ruthann Rounds on May 17, 1975 in Los Angeles, California. Reed and Ruthann Mcallister then went on to have 2 children, Chrystina Ann Mcallister born January 29, 1978 and Mathew Reed Mcallister born August 17, 1980
- The History of Jasper County, Missouri, including a condensed history of the State, a complete history of Carthage and Joplin, other towns and townships.. Des Moines: Mills & Co., 1883. p. 333.
- Missouri State Archives
- 1880 Federal Census. Census Place Carthage, Jasper, Missouri, Family History Library Film 1254694, NA Film Number T9-0694,Page Number 443D
- Census Place St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, Family History Library Film 1254725, NA Film Number T9-0725, St. Louis Enumeration First Enumeration, Page Number 174A.
- Papers of Stark, Lloyd Crow (1886-1972), Papers, 1931-1941 (C4)
- "The Book of St. Louisans: A Biographical Dictionary Of Leading Living Men Of The City Of St. Louis." edited by John W. Leonard, St. Louis: The St. Louis Republic, 1906. p.139.
Robert Franklin Walker
|Missouri State Attorney General
Herbert S. Hadley