Edward E. Leamer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He attended Princeton (B.A., mathematics, 1966) and the University of Michigan (M.A., mathematics, Ph.D., economics, 1970).
Selected publications 
- 1978. Specification Searches: Ad Hoc Inference with Nonexperimental Data, Wiley. Chapter preview links.
- 1985. Sources of International Comparative Advantage: Theory and Evidence, MIT Press. Description.
- 2006. Quantitative International Economics (with Robert M. Stern). Aldine Transaction. Description and preview.
- 2007. Handbook of Econometrics, Elsevier. Description and chapter-preview links for v. 6A & 6B (editor with James J. Heckman).
- 2009. Macroeconomic Patterns and Stories, Springer. Description and preview.
- 1980. "The Leontief Paradox, Reconsidered," Journal of Political Economy, 88(3), pp. 495-503. Reprinted in Jagdish N. Bhagwati, ed., 1987, International Trade: Selected Readings, MIT Press. pp. 115- 124.
- 1983a. "Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics," American Economic Review, 73(1), pp. 31-43.
- 1983b. "Reporting the Fragility of Regression Estimates," (with Herman Leonard), Review of Economics and Statistics, 65(2), pp. 306-317.
- 1985. "Sensitivity Analyses Would Help," American Economic Review, 75(3), pp. 308-313.
- 1995. "International Trade Theory: The Evidence," ch. 26, Handbook of International Economics, v. 3, pp. 1339–1394. Abstract.
- 1987. "Econometric Metaphors," in Advances in Econometrics, Truman F. Bewley, ed., Cambridge v. 2, pp. 1-28.
- 2007a. "Housing is the Business Cycle," in Housing, Housing Finance, and Monetary Policy, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pp. 149-233.
- 2007b. "Linking the Theory with the Data: That is the Core Problem of International Economics," ch. 67, Handbook of Econometrics, v. 6A, pp 4587–4606. Abstract.
- 2008. From The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics. 2nd Edition, 2nd Edition. Abstract links:
- 2010. "Tantalus on the Road to Asymptopia," Journal of Economic Perspectives, 24(2), pp. 31-46.