Edward Harper Parker
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2014)|
Edward Harper Parker (3 July 1849 – 1926) was an English barrister and sinologist who wrote a number of books on the First and Second Opium Wars and other Chinese topics. On his return to England he ended his career as a university professor.
He was educated at the Royal Institution School, Liverpool, and became a barrister of the Middle Temple. He intended to engage in the tea trade, studied Chinese, and from 1869 to 1871, in the character of student interpreter, he traveled in Mongolia, and afterwards served at the British consulates in Wenchow, Fusan, and Shanghai, and traveled in Oceania, Eastern Asia, and North America. He retired from the consular service in 1895, became reader in Chinese at University College, Liverpool, in 1896, and in 1901 was appointed to a chair in Chinese at Owens College, Manchester.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:
Edward Harper Parker
- Comparative Chinese Family Law (1879)
- The Opium War (1887)
- Chinese Account of the Opium War (1888)
- China's Relations with Foreigners (1888)
- Up the Yangtsze (1892)
- Burma (1893)
- A Thousand Years of the Tartars (1895) 
- The life, labours and doctrines of Confucius (1897)
- China (1901)
- John Chinaman (1901)
- China, Past and Present (1903)
- China and Religion (1905)
- Ancient China Simplified (1908)   
- Studies in Chinese Religion (1910)
- China, her history, diplomacy, and commerce: from the earliest times to the present day (1917)
- "Parker, Edward Harper". Who's Who, 59: p. 1356. 1907.
- David Prager Branner (January–March 1999). "The Linguistic Ideas of Edward Harper Parker". Journal of the American Oriental Society 119 (1): 12–34. doi:10.2307/605538. (at JSTOR too)
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Rines, George Edwin, ed. (1920). "Parker, Edward Harper". Encyclopedia Americana.
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gilman, D. C.; Thurston, H. T.; Moore, F., eds. (1905). "Parker, Edward Harper". New International Encyclopedia (1st ed.). New York: Dodd, Mead.
- Works by Edward Harper Parker at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Edward Harper Parker at Internet Archive