Edward Ormondroyd (born 1925) is an American author of children's books. He is best known for David and the Phoenix, a fantasy novel. His time travel novel Time at the Top was filmed for television in 1999.
Ormondroyd was born Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania and grew up in Pennsylvania and Michigan before serving two years on a destroyer escort in World War II. After the war he attended the University of California at Berkeley, earning a Bachelor's degree in English and a masters in Library Science. In 1970 he moved from Berkeley to Newfield, a small town west of Ithaca, New York. He currently lives in Trumansburg, New York, just north of Ithaca.
In order of publication:
- David and the Phoenix 1957
- The Tale of Alain 1960
- Time at the Top 1963
- Jonathan Frederick Aloysius Brown 1964
- Theodore 1966
- Michael, the Upstairs Dog 1967
- Broderick 1969
- Theodore's Rival 1971
- Castaways on Long Ago 1973
- Imagination Greene 1973
- All in Good Time 1975
- Johnny Castleseed 1985
- Time at the Top at the Internet Movie Database
- Ormondroyd, Edward (1982). Time at the Top. Bantam Books. ISBN 0-553-20960-4.
- "Edward Ormondroyd". Purple House Press. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "Edward Ormondroyd". Loganberry Press. Retrieved 2007-08-17.