Edward P. Roski
|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2010)|
|Edward P. Roski, Jr.|
|Born||Oklahoma, United States|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Net worth||US $ 3.4 billion (Sept 2013)|
Roski was born in Oklahoma and raised in Southern California. He is a graduate of Loyola High School and the Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, where in 1962 he earned a BS degree with emphasis on finance and real estate. He is also a Vietnam veteran and a United States Marine and served as an officer of the Marines from 1962 to 1966. While attending the University of Southern California he was a member of the Gamma Tau Chapter of the Beta Theta Pi Fraternity. In 1994, Roski was awarded the Oxford Cup, the highest honor a brother of Beta Theta Pi can receive.
Roski is behind an attempt to build a stadium in Industry, California to attract a NFL team. Roski has also been cited in local newspapers as the owner of the Silverton Casino Lodge in the Las Vegas, Nevada area, and in 2001 made a substantial offer to buy the former Las Vegas Hilton.
Roski is a member of the University of Southern California Board of Trustees; he was elected vice-chairman of the board in 2007, and succeeded Stanley Gold as chairman in 2008. The USC Roski School of Fine Arts was renamed after Roski's wife, Gayle, following a $23 million donation to the school in 2006. He is also half-owner, with Phillip Anschutz, of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings.
In January 2001, he was appointed chairman of the board of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles. He serves on the boards of the USC Gould School of Law, the Keck School of Medicine of USC and the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion. Edward and Gayle Roski both received honorary PhDs from the University of Southern California in 2013.
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Edward Roski, Jr.September 2013
- Ed Roski and the other Los Angeles NFL stadium idea
- Forbes: "Potential Las Vegas Hilton Buyer Folds His Cards" by Marcella Bernhard January 16, 2001
- Board of Trustees, University of Southern California, Accessed April 13, 2008.
- USC News, Edward P. Roski, Jr. Is Chairman-Designate., Accessed December 12, 2011.
- L.A. Times, Generous boost for USC's art school; Developer Ed Roski and his wife donate $23 million to the university where they met., Accessed December 12, 2011.