|Sir Edward Stedman|
|Service/branch||British Indian Army|
|Years of service||1860 - 1907|
|Awards||Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath
Knight Commander of the Order of the Indian Empire
Stedman was commissioned into the Bengal Staff Corps in 1860. By 1887 he was appointed Commanding Officer of the 3 Gorkha Rifles and was strongly commended for his leadership in Upper Burma by Major-General Sir George Stuart White, Commanding the Upper Burma Field Force. Later that year Stedman was made Inspector-General of Police in Upper Burma.
- The London Gazette: . 13 October 1868. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- The London Gazette: . 2 September 1887. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- The London Gazette: . 25 November 1887. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- The London Gazette: . 15 November 1895. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- The military in British India: the development of British Land Forces in South Asia, 1600-1947 By T. A. Heathcote, Page265 Manchester University Press, 1995, ISBN 978-0-7190-3570-8
- The London Gazette: . 13 May 1904. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
Sir Oliver Newmarch
|Military Secretary to the India Office
Sir O'Moore Creagh