Edwin Barry Young
Ed Young (Edwin Barry Young, born 16 March 1961) is the founding and senior pastor of Fellowship Church. With four campuses in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, two in Miami, Florida, and one in Columbia, South Carolina, Fellowship is one of the most attended churches in North America and was listed as the 3rd Most Influential Church in America according to a 2007 survey.
Young is the oldest son of Homer Edwin Young, senior pastor of Second Baptist Church Houston in Houston, Texas. He played basketball at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida before receiving his bachelor’s degree from Houston Baptist University and his Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.
Young attended Florida State University on a basketball scholarship. During his sophomore year, Ed was called into the ministry. Upon leaving Florida State University, he returned to Houston, Texas to attend Houston Baptist University and to work at his father's church as an associate pastor at Second Baptist Church Houston – at the time one of the largest churches in America.
In February 1990, Young began a new church in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with a core group of 150 members. Since that time, Fellowship Church has grown to an average weekly attendance of over 20,000 people.
In 2003, the church began expanding beyond its central campus by building smaller campuses that receive a live feed from the main campus in Grapevine Texas. Today, there are eight Fellowship Church locations throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex; Miami, Florida; Columbia, South Carolina; and online at FellowshipLive.com.
Fellowship Church first began in a rented office complex, then moved to an arts center and then met in a public high school in Irving, Texas. Fellowship Church moved to its current 141-acre (0.571 km2) campus in Grapevine, Texas in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
In 2003 Fellowship Church opened two satellite locations in the Plano and Fort Worth areas, with a third satellite opening in downtown Dallas just two years later. Fellowship Church launched a satellite campus in South Miami in May 2006, and in the Summer of 2012 they added another location in midtown Miami.
In October 2012, Fellowship Church announced that it had partnered with Friend Church in Columbia, SC, which would then become converted into a Fellowship Church satellite campus.
The church also hosts church experiences at its camp and retreat center, Allaso Ranch, in Hawkins, TX that serves as another satellite campus.
In September 2013, the church opened two new campuses - one in the Southlake, TX area of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and the other in the Park Cities area of Dallas, TX.
On October 27, 2013, Fellowship Church will launch its first international campus in the Shoreditch area of London, England, making a combined twelve campuses, including the church's online campus, FellowshipLive.com.
Ed Young Television program was the first religious program of its kind to air on the E! Channel in 2010. Ed Young TV now streams live 24/7 on Edyoung.com.
Christian Living Books:
- Sexperiment -7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse, 2011 (A New York Times Best Seller)
- The Marriage Mirror – Reflecting God in Your Marriage, 2008
- Beauty Full – Becoming More Than Just Pretty, 2007
- Outrageous, Contagious Joy – Because Happiness is Just a Cheap Imitation, 2007
- In the Zone – How to Live in the Sweet Spot of God’s Success, 2007
- You! The Journey to the Center of Your Worth, 2005
- Kid CEO – How to Keep Your Children From Running Your Life, 2004
- Rating Your Dating While Waiting For Mating, 2004
- Know Fear – Facing Life’s Six Most Common Phobias, 2003
- The Creative Marriage – The Art of Keeping Your Love Alive, 2002
- Fatal Distractions – Overcoming Obstacles That Mess Up Our Lives, 1997
- The Creative Leader – Unleashing the Power of Your Creative Potential, 2006
- High Definition Living – Bringing Clarity to Your Life’s Mission, 2003
- Can We Do That? 24 Innovative Practices That Will Change the Way You Do Church, 2002
Pastor Young has been the focus of several news stories, interviews and other media coverages since Fellowship Church began in 1990.
In 2008, Young’s “7 Days of Sex Challenge,” which he issued to the married couples of Fellowship, attracted worldwide media attention in publications such as The New York Times. Because of the attention the challenge attracted, Young was also asked to participate in interviews, stories and feature segments including those on Fox News  and The Colbert Report
In 2009, Young was asked to be on Nightline (September 24, 2009) when he debated the topic of adultery with Noel Biderman, the founder of the online dating service AshleyMadison.com, on the ABC special, "Born to Cheat?"
In February 2010, Brett Shipp of Dallas local news channel WFAA ran an investigative story that reported Young is living a much more lavish lifestyle than his church members and the public knew.  Young addressed the story the following weekend at Fellowship Church, contending discrepancies in the story. 
In January 2012, to promote their new book Sexperiment and share the message beyond the walls of the church, Ed and his wife Lisa took part in a 24 hour "bed-in" on the roof of Fellowship Church. The bed-in, which included Skype interviews with several of the Young's friends and leaders around the world, attracted local, national, and international print and television media, including:
Young is regularly featured in stories in The Christian Post and contributes articles to the publication from time to time.
Ed Young is considered a trend setter in the field of fashion for ministers and regularly gives advice on his website pastorfashion.com
- Sexperiment ISBN 978-0-446-58272-8
- Beauty Full ISBN 978-1-934146-46-0
- The Marriage Mirror ISBN 978-1-934146-83-5
- Outrageous, Contagious Joy ISBN 978-0-425-21185-4
- The Creative Leader ISBN 978-0-8054-3177-3
- The Creative Marriage ISBN 978-0-9725813-0-1
- You! ISBN 978-1-58229-446-9
- Kid CEO ISBN 978-0-446-69177-2
- In the Zone ISBN 978-0-9725813-8-7
- Know Fear ISBN 978-0-8054-2572-7
- Rating Your Dating While Waiting For Mating ISBN 978-0-9725813-1-8
- High Definition Living ISBN 978-1-58229-290-8
- Can We Do That? ISBN 978-1-58229-238-0
- "50 Most Influential Churches in America". The Church Report. July 2007. Archived from the original on June 24, 2008.
- Kovach, Gretel C. (November 24, 2008). "Pastor's Advice for Better Marriage: More Sex". The New York Times.
- "Sexformation?". Fox News.
- "Ed Young". The Colbert Report. January 26, 2009.
- "ABC Nightline: Born to Cheat?". Modern March. September 26, 2009.
- Heinz, Frank (January 11, 2012). "Pastor Ed Young, Wife to Stream Time in Bed on the Internet". NBC.
- Pinsky, Drew (January 14, 2012). "Pastor Ed Young, Wife to Stream Time in Bed on the Internet". HLN.
- "Ed Young on Fox News". Fox News. July 2012.
- "Best Evangelical Preacher - 2012". Dallas Observer. 2012.