Ed Young (pastor)
Pastor Ed Young of Fellowship Church
|Born||Edwin Barry Young
March 16, 1961
Canton, North Carolina
|Occupation||Pastor, Writer, Speaker, Artist|
|Notable works||TheSexperiment, The Marriage Mirror, Outrageous, Contagious Joy|
|Notable awards||New York Times Best Seller
|Children||LeeBeth, Laurie, Landra, EJ|
Ed Young (born 16 March 1961) is the founding and senior pastor of Fellowship Church and is the author of New York Times best seller, Sexperiment. His ministry extends internationally through the televised broadcast, Ed Young Television, C3 Global and Fellowship Live.
Born in Canton, North Carolina, Young is the oldest son of Homer Edwin Young, senior pastor of Second Baptist Church Houston in Houston, Texas. He attended and played basketball at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, where he received a basketball scholarship. After his sophomore year, he transferred to Houston Baptist University where he received his bachelor’s degree followed by a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.
Young was called into the ministry during his sophomore year at Florida State University. He soon returned to Houston, Texas to attend Houston Baptist University and to work at his father's church as an associate pastor at Second Baptist Church Houston.
In February 1990, Pastor Ed Young began a new church out of a rented office building in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with a core group of 150 members. Since that time Fellowship Church has expanded to a total of Eleven campuses, seven in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, two in Miami, Florida, Fellowship Live and the newest campus in London, England.
Fellowship Church first began in February 1990, out of a rented office complex, then moved to an arts center and then met in a public high school in Irving, Texas. Fellowship Church moved to its current 141-acre (0.57 km2) campus in Grapevine, Texas in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
In 2003 Fellowship Church opened two satellite locations in the Plano and Fort Worth areas, with a third satellite opening in downtown Dallas just two years later. Fellowship Church launched a satellite campus in South Miami in May 2006, and in the Summer of 2012 they added another location in midtown Miami.
In September 2013, the church opened two new campuses - one in the Southlake, TX area of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and the other in the Park Cities area of Dallas, TX. On October 27, 2013, Fellowship Church launched its first international campus in the Shoreditch area of London, England, making a combined eleven campuses, including the church's online campus, FellowshipLive.com.
Fellowship is one of the most attended churches in North America and was listed as one of the Most Influential Church in America according to a 2007 survey.
- Young, Ed (2011). The Sexperiment. Hachette Digital, Inc. ISBN 978-0446582711.
- Young, Ed (2008). The Marriage Mirror - Reflecting God in Your Marriage. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-1934146835.
- Young, Ed (2007). Beauty Full - Becoming More Than Just Pretty. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-1934146460.
- Young, Ed (2007). Outrageous, Contagious Joy. Berkley Trade. ISBN 978-0425219089.
- Young, Ed (2006). In The Zone. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581387.
- Young, Ed (2006). The Creative Leader – Unleashing the Power of Your Creative Potential. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0805431773.
- Young, Ed (2006). X-Trials : Takin' Life to the Extreme. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-1574941210.
- Young, Ed (2005). You! The Journey to the Center of Your Worth. Howard Books. ISBN 978-1451646146.
- Young, Ed (2004). Kid CEO - How to Keep Your Children From Running Your Life. FaithWords. ISBN 978-0446691772.
- Young, Ed (2004). Rating Your Dating While Waiting For Mating. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581318.
- Young, Ed (2003). Know Fear - Facing Life's Six Most Common Phobias. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0805425727.
- Young, Ed (2003). High Definition Living – Bringing Clarity to Your Life’s Mission. Howard Books. ISBN 978-1582292908.
- Young, Ed (2002). The Creative Marriage - The Art of Keeping Your Love Alive. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581301.
- Young, Ed (2002). Can We Do That? 24 Innovative Practices That Will Change the Way You Do Church. Howard Publishing Company. ISBN 978-1582292380.
- Young, Ed (2000). Fatal Distractions – Overcoming Obstacles That Mess Up Our Lives. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-0785276661.
Pastor Young has been the focus of several news stories, interviews and other media coverages since Fellowship Church began in 1990.
In 2008, Young’s “7 Days of Sex Challenge,” which he issued to the married couples of Fellowship, attracted worldwide media attention in publications such as The New York Times. Because of the attention the challenge attracted, Young was also asked to participate in interviews, stories and feature segments including those on Fox News  and The Colbert Report.
In 2009, Young was asked to be on Nightline (September 24, 2009) when he debated the topic of adultery with Noel Biderman, the founder of the online dating service AshleyMadison.com, on the ABC special, "Born to Cheat?"
In January 2012, to promote their new book Sexperiment and share the message beyond the walls of the church, Ed and his wife Lisa took part in a 24 hour "bed-in" on the roof of Fellowship Church. The bed-in, which included Skype interviews with several of the Young's friends and leaders around the world, attracted local, national, and international print and television media, including:
Young is regularly featured in stories in The Christian Post and contributes articles to the publication from time to time.
- "50 Most Influential Churches in America". The Church Report. July 2007. Archived from the original on June 24, 2008.
- Kovach, Gretel C. (November 24, 2008). "Pastor's Advice for Better Marriage: More Sex". The New York Times.
- "Sexformation?". Fox News.
- "Ed Young". The Colbert Report. January 26, 2009.
- "ABC Nightline: Born to Cheat?". Modern March. September 26, 2009.
- Heinz, Frank (January 11, 2012). "Pastor Ed Young, Wife to Stream Time in Bed on the Internet". NBC.
- Pinsky, Drew (January 14, 2012). "Pastor Ed Young, Wife to Stream Time in Bed on the Internet". HLN.
- "Ed Young on Fox News". Fox News. July 2012.
- "Best Evangelical Preacher - 2012". Dallas Observer. 2012.