Ed Young (pastor)
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2014)|
Pastor Ed Young of Fellowship Church
|Born||Edwin Barry Young
March 16, 1961
Canton, North Carolina
|Occupation||Pastor, Writer, Speaker, Artist|
|Notable works||TheSexperiment, The Marriage Mirror, Outrageous, Contagious Joy|
|Notable awards||New York Times Best Seller
|Children||LeeBeth, Laurie, Landra, EJ|
Edwin Barry "Ed" Young (born 16 March 1961) is the founding and senior pastor of Fellowship Church. His ministry extends internationally through the televised broadcast, Ed Young Television, C3 Global and Fellowship Live.
Born in Canton, North Carolina, Young is the oldest son of Homer Edwin Young, senior pastor of Second Baptist Church Houston in Houston, Texas. He attended and played basketball at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, where he received a basketball scholarship. After his sophomore year, he transferred to Houston Baptist University where he received his bachelor’s degree followed by a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.
Young was called into the ministry during his sophomore year at Florida State University. He soon returned to Houston, Texas to attend Houston Baptist University and to work at his father's church as an associate pastor at Second Baptist Church Houston.
In February 1990, Pastor Ed Young began a new church out of a rented office building in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with a core group of 150 members. Since that time Fellowship Church has expanded to a total of Eleven campuses, seven in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, two in Miami, Florida, Fellowship Live and the newest campus in London, England.
Fellowship Church first began in February 1990 out of a rented office complex before moving to an arts center. In 1996, Fellowship Church moved into Irving’s MacArthur High School to accommodate five weekend services and a weekly attendance of 5,000. Fellowship Church opened its first permanent facility on a 141-acre (0.57 km2) property in Grapevine, Texas in 1998.
In 2003 Fellowship Church opened its first two satellite locations in Plano and Fort Worth, TX. A third satellite campus launched two years later in Dallas, TX, creating one church in four locations with a weekly attendance of over 20,000. By May 2006, Fellowship Church was a national entity with a satellite campus in South Miami.
In 2008, Fellowship Church hosted its first summer in a new camp and retreat center in Hawkins, TX called Allaso Ranch. Fellowship Church became a bi-lingual church in 2012 through the establishment of a Miami campus where Both English and Spanish weekend experiences are available. Two more Texas locations opened in 2013 in Keller/Southlake and Park Cities in Dallas. Fellowship Church also went international with the launch of a new campus in London, England.
Fellowship is one of the most attended churches in North America and was listed as one of the Most Influential Church in America according to a 2007 survey.
- Young, Ed (2011). The Sexperiment. Hachette Digital, Inc. ISBN 978-0446582711.
- Young, Ed (2008). The Marriage Mirror - Reflecting God in Your Marriage. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-1934146835.
- Young, Ed (2007). Beauty Full - Becoming More Than Just Pretty. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-1934146460.
- Young, Ed (2007). Outrageous, Contagious Joy. Berkley Trade. ISBN 978-0425219089.
- Young, Ed (2006). In The Zone. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581387.
- Young, Ed (2006). The Creative Leader – Unleashing the Power of Your Creative Potential. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0805431773.
- Young, Ed (2006). X-Trials : Takin' Life to the Extreme. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-1574941210.
- Young, Ed (2005). You! The Journey to the Center of Your Worth. Howard Books. ISBN 978-1451646146.
- Young, Ed (2004). Kid CEO - How to Keep Your Children From Running Your Life. FaithWords. ISBN 978-0446691772.
- Young, Ed (2004). Rating Your Dating While Waiting For Mating. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581318.
- Young, Ed (2003). Know Fear - Facing Life's Six Most Common Phobias. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0805425727.
- Young, Ed (2003). High Definition Living – Bringing Clarity to Your Life’s Mission. Howard Books. ISBN 978-1582292908.
- Young, Ed (2002). The Creative Marriage - The Art of Keeping Your Love Alive. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581301.
- Young, Ed (2002). Can We Do That? 24 Innovative Practices That Will Change the Way You Do Church. Howard Publishing Company. ISBN 978-1582292380.
- Young, Ed (2000). Fatal Distractions – Overcoming Obstacles That Mess Up Our Lives. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-0785276661.
C3 Global is a relational network that equips pastors in their personal lives, their family lives and their ministries. C3 Global also reaches around the world to bring compassion and life transformation to those in need—as one of the largest food providers in Haiti and in many remote villages in Guatemala.
Fellowship Creative, an extension of Fellowship Church, is a collective of like-minded artists collaborating on music organically grown out of Scriptural teaching and the grit of everyday life. The members of Fellowship Creative are always thinking about three specific chairs occupied by people who attend their church and who might have the opportunity to hear their music. In the first seat, likely the most challenging is the person who has no understanding of Jesus or the Bible. The second chair is filled with the new Christian who is still learning how to make their newfound faith applicable to their daily life. The third place is occupied by the maturing Christ follower who needs to be challenged and motivated to live for God’s purposes. Ed Young also hosts the annual C3 Conference at Fellowship Church in Grapevine, TX.