|Birth name||Edwin Anthony Roberts|
|Born||12 August 1941
Belmont, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad 
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (150 lb)|
|College team||NCCU Eagles|
|Achievements and titles|
He competed for Trinidad and Tobago in the 1964 Summer Olympics held in Tokyo, Japan in the 200 metres, where he won the bronze medal. He then teamed up with Edwin Skinner, Kent Bernard and Wendell Mottley to again win a bronze medal, this time in the 4 x 400 m relay.
At the next Olympic Games in 1968, he finished fourth in the individual event and sixth in the relay. His last Olympic appearance was in 1972 in Munich, where the relay team finished eighth.
Other medals include:
- gold medals at the 1966 Central American and Caribbean Games (200 metres and 4x400 metres relay );
- silver medals at the 1962 Central American and Caribbean Games (4x100 metres and 4x400 metres relay) ;
- silver medals at the 1966 Central American and Caribbean Games (100 metres and 4x100 metres relay );
- silver medals at the 1966 British Empire and Commonwealth Games (220 yards and 4x400 metres relay;
- silver medals at the 1970 British Commonwealth Games (200 metres and 4x400 metres);
- bronze medal at the 1962 Central American and Caribbean Games (200 metres);
- bronze medal at the 1966 British Empire and Commonwealth Games (100 yards);
- bronze medals at the 1971 Pan American Games (200 metres and 4x400 metres);
His 1966 win at the Commonwealth Games in the 4x440 y event was in a world-record time of 3:02.8 .
Roberts attended North Carolina College in the United States between 1962 and 1996 where he was a successful member of the college track team.
As of 2014, Roberts is a retired physical education teacher and track coach.
Awards and Accolades
In 1969 Roberts was awarded the Trinidad & Tobago Humming Bird Medal Bronze.
In 1984, Roberts was inducted into the Alex M. Rivera Athletics Hall of Fame at North Carolina Central University.
In 1987, Roberts was further inducted into the Trinidad and Tobago Sports Hall of Fame.
- http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/ro/edwin-roberts-1.html Edwin Roberts, Sports Reference
- Progression of IAAF World Records 2011 Edition, Editor Imre Matrahazi, IAAF Athletics, p 140.
- "World Rankings Index--Men's 100 meters". Track and Field News.
- "World Rankings Index--Men's 200 meters". Track and Field News.
- http://nccueaglepride.com/hof.aspx?hof=95&path=&kiosk= Edwin Roberts, Induction Class of 1984, Track and Field, NCCU Eagles, Alex M. Rivera Athletics Hall of Fame. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- http://www.ttsportshall.com/Halloffame/tabid/62/abc/R/ds/2/Default.aspx, "Roberts, Edwin", Trinidad and Tobago Sports Hall of Fame.
- http://www.athlecac.org/HallofFame/edwinroberts.htm "Edwin Anthony ROBERTS", Hall of Fame, AthleCAC.org. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- http://www.iaaf.org/news/news/hasely-crawford-inducted-into-cac-hall-of-fam "Hasely Crawford inducted into CAC Hall of Fame", Kwame Laurence - Trinidad Express - for the IAAF, IAAF Athletics, General News, 10 January 2006.
|This biographical article relating to Trinidadian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|