|Motto||"Aspire to Achieve"|
|Chairman||Sara bint Faisal Al Saud|
|President||Haifa Reda Jamalallail|
|Location||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
|Colors||Black and Blue|
Effat University (Arabic: جامعة عفّت) is a leading private non-profit institution of higher education for women in Saudi Arabia, operating under the umbrella of King Faisal Charitable Foundation. Effat University is strengthened by the legacy of its founder, Effat Al Thunayyan, wife of the late King Faisal.
On 30 January 2009, Effat College became Effat University. The inauguration of its three colleges, the establishment of the Research and Consultancy Institute, and success achieved on the academic, education and social levels, paved the way to becoming a university.
In 2011, Effat University obtained approval for its first graduate program.
Effat College was founded by the children of King Faisal and Iffat Al Thunayyan. Princess Lolowah Al Faisal played a prominent role in its founding, from raising funds, developing the curriculum, overseeing construction to the hiring of faculty and staff. Sara bint Faisal is the chair of the board of founders and board of trustees, while Lolowah is vice chair and general supervisor of the university.
Effat University consists of the following departments:
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences:English and Translation and Psychology
- : Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems and Architecture
- : Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources Management, Operation and Information Management and Entrepreneurship
Effat University built strong relationships and agreements with a number of very well established national and international institutions and universities. These agreements support Effat’s unique social, academic and professional excellence. It has partnered with Syracuse University, Swarthmore College, Georgetown University, Mount Holyoke College, The Prince's School of Traditional Arts, American University of Cairo, the French General Consulate, Duke University, Pratt School of Engineering, University of Miami School of Architecture, University of Cincinnati College of Education Criminal Justice and Human Services, and the USC School of Cinematic Arts.
- Al Jassem, Diana. Effat University's Graduate Program Gets Approval Arab News 19 January 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Board of Founders". Effat University. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- "Ireland's President Is Commencement Speaker". Mount Holyoke College. 6 April 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Works with Effat University Daily Trojan
- MEMP Students Create Labs for Saudi Arabian Women Engineering Students
- Engineering School at Effat University