||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
Egerton shown within Kent
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Egerton is a village and civil parish in the Ashford District of Kent, England. The village is located on the Greensand Ridge 9 miles (14.4 km) north of Ashford. The parish is a scattered rural one; the settlement of Stonebridge Green, adjacent to Egerton, is also in the parish.
The 13th century parish church is dedicated to Saint James. Other facilities in the village include the George pub, the Millennium Hall, the village stores, a games barn, cricket and football pitches, an internet cafe and a primary school. The old bakers in Egerton, Buckle's, was featured on the 1990s television programme The Darling Buds of May.
Media related to Egerton, Kent at Wikimedia Commons
- Egerton parish website including map and history
- Badger Bushcraft - for bushcraft, survival, primitive technology and nature based learnign events, Egerton, Kent
- The Green Wicket Animal Sanctuary, a registered charity for the welfare of animals, operates by public referrals, rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing service in Kent
- Egerton Free Church - a local, village church that shares the key Christian understandings of faith and practice with other independent and denominational churches.
- Ashford Borough Council Census 2001
|This Kent location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|