Egg Harbor City School District
|Egg Harbor City School District|
|Superintendent:||John Gilly, III|
|Business Administrator:||Joseph Smurlo|
|Address:||527 Philadelphia Avenue
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215
|Enrollment:||496 (as of 2010-11)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||48.5|
|District Factor Group:||A|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,604||43||1,539||4.2%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||56,928||27||60,112|
|Data from NJDoE 2013 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with 401-750 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=65
The Egg Harbor City School District is a comprehensive community public school district responsible for the education of children in pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade from Egg Harbor City, in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "A", the lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in public school for grades 9 - 12 attend Cedar Creek High School, located in Egg Harbor City, which opened in September 2010 and serves students from Egg Harbor City, Mullica Township, Port Republic and portions of Washington Township. The High School is part of the Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District, a regional high school district serving the constituent districts of Egg Harbor City, Galloway Township, Hamilton Township and Mullica Township, together with the districts of the City of Port Republic and Washington Township (in Burlington County) whose students attend as part of sending/receiving relationships.
In a referendum held on September 25, 2007, by a 3,176–1,719 margin, voters approved a plan to construct Cedar Creek, the third high school in the district, located in Egg Harbor City. The new school was intended to alleviate overcrowding in the two existing schools and serve students from Egg Harbor City and Mullica Township. Construction started in Fall 2008 for completion by Summer 2010. In December 2007 the citizens of Egg Harbor City also approved the construction a new middle school (grades 4-8) to replace the aging Fanny D. Rittenberg Middle School which was built in 1923. The new middle school, the Egg Harbor City Community School, opened in September 2010, as well as Cedar Creek High School.
- Charles L. Spragg School with 215 students in pre-K to grade 3
- Adrienne Shulby, Principal
- Egg Harbor City Community School for grades 4 to 8. with 240 students in grades 5 - 8)
- Jack Griffith, Principal
- John Gilly, III - Superintendent of Schools
- Joseph Smurlo - Business Administrator
- District information for the Egg Harbor City School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed February 24, 2011.
- Lee, Michelle. "Work on Cedar Creek High School in Egg Harbor City is 92 percent complete", The Press of Atlantic City, June 2, 2010. Accessed May 23, 2011. "The school's entering classes will comprise 415 ninth- and 10th-graders from Egg Harbor City, Mullica Township, Port Republic and the Green Bank section of Washington Township, Burlington County. New students will be added each year. The building's capacity is about 1,000 students."
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional School District 2010 Report card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 20, 2011. "The Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District serves the communities of Galloway Township, Hamilton Township, Egg Harbor City, Mullica Township and participates in receiving relationships with Port Republic and Washington Township."
- Referendum, Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District. Accessed May 4, 2008.
- Egg Harbor Community School - Principal's Message, Egg Harbor City School District. Accessed February 24, 2011.
- Cedar Creek High School, accessed February 24, 2011.
- Data for the Egg Harbor City School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 23, 2011.
- District Administration, Egg Harbor City School District. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- Egg Harbor City School District
- Egg Harbor City School District's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Egg Harbor City School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District
- Absegami High School website