Coordinates: Egmondville is a historic former village now part of the community of Seaforth in the municipality of Huron East, in Huron County, Ontario, Canada. The community was founded in 1845 byConstant Van Egmond (1808-1884), the eldest son of Anthony Van Egmond and named in honour of his father.
Other children of Van Egmond include:
- Caroline A. L. Van Egmond ?
- Susannah Elizabeth Van Egmond 1820-1915
- August Gysbert Van Egmond (1823-1909
Van Edmonds and son Constant were contracted in the 1830s to widen Huron Road and became the largest landowners in the area.
Constant Van Egmond became a local magistrate.
- Lee, Robert C., (2004). The Canada Company and The Huron Tract, 1826–1853. Natural Heritage Books, Toronto On. ISBN 1-896219-94-2, pp. 80, 84, 129, 154–155, 257
- Bart-Riedstra, Carolynn, (2002). Stratford. Arcadia Publishing, ISBN 0-7385-1148-X, p. 18
- Coleman, Thelma, (1978). The Canada Company, County of Perth, Stratford On. ISBN 88988-029.8, pp. 172–173
|This Ontario location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|