Egotrip was a successful but short-lived Brazilian pop/rock band.
Bassist Arthur Maia — who had previously worked with MPB veterans such as Gal Costa, Caetano Veloso, Roberto Carlos, Djavan, and Milton Nascimento  — founded Egotrip in 1985. Their self-titled debut album was released in 1987. The song "Viagem ao Fundo do Ego" became a huge hit shortly after, when it was included in the soundtrack of Rede Globo's telenovela Mandala.
- Arthur Maia (bass, vocals, keyboard)
- Nando Chagas (vocals, guitar, keyboard)
- José Rubens (saxophone, keyboard)
- Francisco Frias (guitar, synth guitar, keyboard, arranging and computer programming)
- Pedro Gil (drums, keyboard)
- Egotrip - 1987
- Arthur Maia's official site (in Portuguese)
|This article on a Brazilian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|