Egyptian Football Association
|FIFA affiliation||3 Jan. 1923|
|CAF affiliation||CAF (1957)
The Egyptian Football Association EFA, is the governing body of football in Egypt. The leading Egyptian clubs are as follows, with the total number of national competitions (premier league & national cup) following the name of the club.
- El Ahly 72 (37 leagues & 35 cup championships)
- Zamalek 32 (11 leagues & 21 cup championships)
- Tersana 7 (1 leagues & 6 cup championships)
- El Ittihad 6 (1 cup championship)
- El Ismaily 5 (3 leagues & 2 cup championships)
- El Mokawloon SC 4 (1 league & 3 cup championships)
- El Olympi 3 (1 league & 2 cup championships)
- El Mahalla 1 (1 league)
- Haras El Hedood 2 (2 cup championships)
- El Masry 1 (1 cup championship)
- El Qannah 1 (1 cup championship)
- Teram 1 (1 cup championship)
- ENPPI 1 (1 cup championships)
The Egyptian FA has been dissolved as of February 2, 2012 due to the incidents in Port Said.
- First cup championship occurred in 1921/22 & first premier league was held in 1948/49.
- 2 titles of cup championships were shared between Ahly & Zamalek (1942/43 & 1957/58).
- Runner Up is not known for the 1922/23, 1932/33 & 1938/39 football seasons.
- Mekawleen is the only Division II club to win the title of cup championships, in 2003/2004.
Associations affiliated with EFA
- Egypt national football team (currently managed by Shawky Gharib)
- Egypt women's national football team
- Egypt national under-23 football team
- Egypt national under-20 football team (currently managed by Rabie Yassin)
- Egypt national under-17 football team
Leagues and organizations
- Egyptian Premier League
- Egyptian Second Division
- Egypt Cup
- Egyptian Super Cup
- List of football clubs in Egypt
Egyptians Playing in Foreign Leagues
- List of Egyptian football players in foreign leagues details are provided within
|This article about an Association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in Egypt is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|