Ehsan Elahi Zaheer
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
Ehsan Elahi Zaheer
May 31, 1945|
|Died||Buried-madinah al munawwarah, baqi al gharqad|
|Other names||Ihsan Ilahi Zahir; Ehsaan.|
Ehsan Elahi Zaheer (Urdu: احسان الہی ظہیر) (May 31, 1945 – March 30, 1987) was a Pakistani Islamic theologian and leader of the Ahl al-Hadith movement. He was born in Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan and died from an assassin's bomb blast in 1987.
He studied at Jamia Islamiyyah Gujranwala and at Jamia Salafiyyah in Faisalabad before leaving to study at the Islamic University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia, where he studied under the Salafi scholars Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani and Abd-al-Aziz ibn Abd-Allah ibn Baaz.
During his final year of study at Medina Bin Baz asked him to deliver lectures. Zaheer during his lifetime held various posts within his country, and at one time was the adviser of Islamic affairs to the then military dictator Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq.
While giving a speech , a bomb, which had been planted on the stage exploded killing Zaheer along with 18 attendees, while 114 others were seriously injured. Zaheer initially survived the blast and after initial treatment at the central hospital of Lahore, he was transferred for further medical treatment in Saudi Arabia.
- Al-Qadiyaniyyah, a refutation of Ahmadiyyah (1376 AH)
- Shiites and Sunnah (Ash-Shia Was-Sunnah)
- Shiites and Ahlul Bait (Ash-Shia Wa-Ahlul-Bayt) (1403 AH), the third edition.
- Shiites and the Koran (Ash-Shia Wal-Qur'an) (1403 AH), which includes over 12,000 narrations of the Shia
- Ash-Shia wat-Tashia, another Shia refutation
- Between Shiites and Sunnis '(Baynash-Shee'ah Wa Ahlus-Sunnah) in Persian, English and Thai.
- A refutation book on Bábism and Bahaism (1975 CE).
- at-Tassawuff al-Manshaa Wal-Masaadir, a refutation of the Sufis,
- Al-Ismaa'eeliyyah, a refutation of Ismailism, contain about Ismaili history and doctrines (1405 AH)
- al-Bareilwiyyah (1403 AH), a refutation of the Barelvi,
- A explanation of Kitaab al-Waseelah of Shaykh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah,
- Kitaab us-Salaah, Book of Prayer
- Saffar Hijaaz,
- Saqoot Dhaka
- Respond adequately to the fallacies of Dr. Ali Abdul Wahid Wafi (1404 e)
- Saffar Hijaaz
- Ravinder Kaur, Religion, Violence and Political Mobilisation in South Asia, p 153. ISBN 0761934308
- Roy, Olivier, The Failure of Political Islam, by Olivier Roy, translated by Carol Volk, Harvard University Press, 1994, p.118-9
- Derrick M. Nault, Development in Asia: Interdisciplinary, Post-neoliberal, and Transnational Perspectives, p 184. ISBN 1599424886
- Muhammad as-Saayim, Martyrs of the Islamic Da'wah During the 20th Century, Cairo: Daar-ul-Fadeelah, 1992, pg. 166
- Ihsan Ilahi Zhahir books review at Goodreads
- Biography of Ehsan Elahi Zaheer
- Shia's and Shiaism, there Genesis and Evolution, by Allama Ehsan Elahi Zaheer
- Barailwiyyah, History and Aqeedah: Introduction- by Shaykh Ihsaan Ilaahi Zaheer,
- Barailwiyyah, History and Aqeedah: Chapter 1: Barailwiyyah,
- Barailwiyyah, History and Aqeedah: Chapter 2: Barailwee Beliefs (Part 1),
- Barailwiyyah, History and Aqeedah: Chapter 2: Barailwee Beliefs (Part 2),
- Barailwiyyah, History and Aqeedah: Chapter 3: Barailwee Teachings
- The largest collection of Allama Ehsan Ilahi Zaheer's lectures online (123 lectures)