Eidos Montreal logo
|Type||Subsidiary of Square Enix|
|Industry||Computer and video games|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Products||Deus Ex series
|Parent||Eidos Interactive (2007–2009)
Square Enix (2009–present)
Eidos Montreal is a Canadian video game development studio owned by Square Enix Europe, a subsidiary of Square Enix. The studio was founded by Eidos Interactive in 2007 with Stéphane D'Astous appointed studio manager. According to D'Astous, unlike other video game development studios Eidos Montreal's development cycle is characterized by smaller teams (totaling 350 ) working over a longer period. The same year as its founding, the studio announced its first project: the third installment of the Deus Ex series, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was released in 2011. In 2009 the studio announced its second project, the fourth installment of the Thief series. On 4 March 2014 Square Enix announced that 27 employees were laid off from Eidos Montreal.
|2011||Deus Ex: Human Revolution||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|2013||Tomb Raider (multiplayer)||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2013||Deus Ex: The Fall||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|2015||Deus Ex: Universe||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||Yes||TBA||TBA|
|2015||Rise of the Tomb Raider||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
General manager Stéphane D'Astous resigned from Eidos Montreal on 19 July 2013, citing irreconcilable differences with parent company Square Enix Europe.
- French, Michael (2007-11-26). "Eidos Montreal officially opens". Develop. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- "Q&A: Stephane D'Astous, Eidos Montreal". Develop. 2007-11-30. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Mann, Justin (2007-11-26). "Deus Ex 3 rumors confirmed". TechSpot. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Crecente, Brian (2009-05-11). "Thief 4: It’s Official". Kotaku. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Schreier, Jason (4 March 2014). "Big Layoffs At Thief Developer Eidos Montreal". Kotaku. Gawker Media. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
|This Square Enix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|