||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2012)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Key people||Tim Kobe, Founder
Eight Inc. is a branding and design firm based in San Francisco, California.
Eight Inc. has offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Honolulu, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong and Beijing. Founded in 1989 by Tim Kobe, Eight Inc. designs residential and commercial environments, products and communications.
Recent work in the commercial sector includes the Apple Store, retail channels and trade shows, the Nokia flagship stores, stores for Coach Inc., and diverse projects for Virgin Atlantic Airways, as well as the creation of new banking environments for Citibank.
Eight Inc. also designs residential and mixed-use developments, and received the Architectural Record Honor award for the design of "High Density On The High Ground," a competition to create a mixed-use residential solution for New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina. In 2006, Eight Inc. represented the United States in the American Pavilion exhibit at the Tenth Venice Biennale of Architecture.
Eight Inc. has designed furniture for METRO, a division of Steelcase, kitchen accessories for Williams-Sonoma, interactive design solutions for Citibank and Nokia, and environmental exhibitions for Herman Miller and Apple.
Current LEED-registered projects include 280 Beachwalk, the first LEED retail complex in Waikiki, and the Malama Learning Center, an educational community resource center on the Hawaiian island of Oahu.
- The Roots of Apple's Retail Stores
- Citi Gives Branches a High-Tech Look Wall Street Journal, April 12, 2010
- http://vmsd.com/content/nokia-0; http://www.idsa.org/IDEA_Awards/gallery/2008/award_details.asp?ID=35918392
- Coach to Open Flagship Store in Nagoya, Japan. All Business. December 16, 2004
- Coach reopens, expands flagship store in New York. All Business. November 21, 2005.
- Fly, Fly Away Interior Design. November 1, 2001.
- Special Coverage: After the Hurricanes Architectural Record. Retrieved March 16, 2009.
- After the Flood: Building on Higher Ground. Architectural Record. Retrieved on March 16, 2009.
- Steelcase Product Page
- Citibank Interactive Display wkem. Retrieved March 16, 2009.
- 2008 International Design Excellence Awards IDSA & Business Week. Retrieved March 16, 2009.
- Work starts on Beach Walk project “honoluluadvertiser.com. Saturday, March 8, 2008.
- Another Green Retail Center for Waikiki Star Bulletin. January 14, 2009.