Eikou no Napoleon – Eroica
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Eikou no Napoleon - Eroica)
|Eroica - The Glory of Napoleon|
Cover of the first Eikou no Napoleon – Eroica book.
|栄光のナポレオン – エロイカ
(Eikou no Naporeon – Eroika)
|Written by||Riyoko Ikeda|
|Original run||1986 – 1995|
It tells the story of Napoleon's empire, including the Thermidorian Reaction, the Italian Campaign, the Egyptian Campaign, the Battle of the Nile, the coup of 18 Brumaire, and the French invasion of Russia.
The Real Characters
- Napoleon Bonaparte, the main protagonist of the series;
- Joséphine de Beauharnais, the female protagonist of the series;
- Marie Louise of Austria
- Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord
- Joseph Fouché
- Désirée Clary
- Eugène de Beauharnais
- Hortense de Beauharnais
- Joseph Bonaparte
- Pauline Bonaparte
- Joachim Murat
- François-Paul Brueys d'Aigalliers
- Pierre-Charles Villeneuve
- Alexander I of Russia, the main antagonist in the last part of the series;
- Prince Klemens Wenzel von Metternich
- William Pitt the Younger
- Marie Walewska
- Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson
- Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov
- Carl von Clausewitz
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
- Józef Antoni Poniatowski: Riyoko Ikeda wrote his story as Ten no Hate Made in 1990. The later part of the story is written almost same as a part of Eroica but from aspect of Poniatowski.
- Murad Bey
The Fictional Characters
- Alain de Soissons: a fictional character of The Rose of Versailles, Alain de Soissons was the sergeant of the Company B, the troops assigned to Lady Oscar's service in the National Guard. He accepted Oscar at first, and even befriended André and smuggled him in the troops, but after learning the truth about her he violently rejected her leadership. Oscar had to fight him to win Alain and the group's respect back, since they refused to be ordered around by a noble. After losing to Oscar and begging her to save the life of a companion who was about to be executed, which she did, Alain forgave Oscar and became fiercely devoted to her, even falling in love with her in the manga; still, he knew he couldn't fight against her feelings for André. Ultimately, Alain survives the French Revolution and the Terror, leading a quiet life in the country. He also appears in Eroica and is the coprotagonist of this story.
- Bernard Chatelet (1760–1804): a fictional character of The Rose of Versailles.
- Rosalie Chatelet (née Lamorlière): Rosalie Lamorlière, a returning member from Rose of Versailles, was a real person, although her marriage was fictionalized. Since The Rose of Versailles, Rosalie has gotten married to Bernard Chatelet and had a son, Francois Chatelet.
- François Chatelet: François is the only son of Bernard and Rosalie.
- Catherine Renaudin (Madame de Talleyrand): the main antagonist of the story. Catherine is the new love interest of Alain, but she is deeply royalist.
- Oscar François de Jarjayes: although Oscar had died during The Rose of Versailles, she is seen in flashback.
- Riyoko Ikeda Fan Site Eikou no Napoleon. (Italian)