Eileen and Robert Mason Pollock
Eileen "Mike" Pollock (1926-2012) and Robert Mason Pollock were married American television screenwriters and producers best known as writers on the long-running 1980s series Dynasty, its spin-off series The Colbys and the 1991 miniseries Dynasty: The Reunion.
The second-season additions of the Pollocks and Joan Collins (in the role of Alexis) are generally credited with Dynasty's subsequent rise in the ratings; the series eventually became #1 in 1985. The Pollocks "soft-pedaled the business angle" of the show and "bombarded viewers with every soap opera staple in the book, presented at such a fast clip that a new tragedy seemed to befall the Carrington family every five minutes."
The Pollocks brought the daytime series The Doctors its highest ratings in the early 1970s. They also wrote for General Hospital from 1976 to 1977. In 1997, a Golden Palm Star on the Palm Springs, California, Walk of Stars was dedicated to them.
On December 5, 2012 it was announced that Eileen Pollock had died, aged 86, from undisclosed causes.
- Frenzel, Gerhard G. (1999). Portrait of the Stars. Palm Springs, CA: Palm Springs Walk of Stars. pp. 122, 185. ASIN B0006FBSG4. LCCN 98093956.
- Schemering, Christopher (September 1985). The Soap Opera Encyclopedia. pp. 80–81. ISBN 0-345-32459-5 (1st edition) Check
- 1984-1985 Ratings - ClassicTVhits.com
- Palm Springs Walk of Stars webpage
- "Eileen (Mike) Pollock obituary by The Desert Sun". Legacy.com. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|