González performing in Los Angeles in November 2009.
|Born||Eiza González Reyna
January 30, 1990 
Caborca, Sonora, México
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, actress|
Eiza González Reyna (born January 30, 1990, Caborca, Sonora, México) is a Mexican actress and singer. At 17, she gained popularity as the title character in the 2007 adolescent-targeted Mexican telenovela Lola...Érase una vez.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Acting career
- 3 Musical career
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Theatre
- 7 Discography
- 8 Awards
- 9 References
- 10 External links
González is the only daughter of former Mexican model, Glenda Reyna. She has one older brother. Her father, Carlos, was killed in a motorcycle accident when she was 12. She cites her father's death, as a strong influence in her career. She attended the Edron Academy and the American School Foundation, both located in Mexico City. González was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder as a child and received treatment for it. At 14, she was accepted into Televisa's acting school, Centro de Educación Artística. She completed two years of a three year course before she was cast as the protagonist in the 2007 teen-oriented telenovela Lola...Érase una vez at 16.
2007 to 2008
From 2003 through 2004, González studied acting at the M & M Studio, an acting school in Mexico City run by famed actress, Patricia Reyes Spíndola. At age 14, she was accepted into Televisa's famous acting school, Centro de Educación Artística in Mexico City. While attending school, she was first spotted by producer and director, Pedro Damian (best known for his success with Latin pop band, RBD). Two years later, Damian cast González in a remake of Argentina's famous children's telenovela, Floricienta. She portrayed "Lola", the lead female protagonist in Lola...Érase una vez. The show began filming in late 2006 and debuted in Mexico on February 26, 2007. It was later shown in various countries throughout Latin America and the US. To promote the show, González went on a national tour in Mexico to perform songs that she sang on the show. Lola...Érase una vez ran for two seasons before ending in early 2008. Following the completion of Lola...Érase una vez, González, accompanied by her mother, moved to New York City briefly to attend a three month course of acting classes at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in the spring of 2008. She returned to Mexico City in early fall of that same year.
2009 to 2011
In April 2009, González was cast in the popular crime drama television series Mujeres Asesinas as a supporting character for the second season. She starred alongside Mexican actress Susana González in the episode Tere, Desconfiada, playing the teenage antagonist, "Gaby". González commented that she received the casting call while she was preparing to release her first solo album Contracorriente.
In early 2010, following the US release of González's debut album, Contracorriente, she announced to fans via Twitter that she had been cast as the lead protagonist in the musical "tween" telenovela Sueña conmigo. González played dual roles of "Clara" and Clara's alter-ego "Roxy Pop". For the role, González travelled to Buenos Aires to film in April 2010. She lived in Buenos Aires for a year, travelling back to Mexico City on breaks to visit friends and family during the production of Sueña conmigo. When filming ended in February 2011, Gonzalez returned to Mexico City. The show was produced by Televisa and Nickelodeon Latin America, and aired on July 20, 2010 in Argentina, Mexico, and other Latin American countries.
In June and July 2011, González attended castings for Televisa's newest tween television series, Miss XV in Mexico City. She auditioned for one of two lead roles and was considered for the lead role. However, producers felt she was too old for the part and she lost the role.
2012 to present
In May 2012, she was officially confirmed as the female protagonist, 'Nicole Brizz Balvanera' for Televisa's newest telenovela, Amores verdaderos. Amores verdaderos is a telenovela remake of the TV Azteca television series Amor en custodia, based on the Argentine telenovela of the same name. Amores verdaderos marks González's transition to her first mature role in a telenovela. Filming began on July 23, 2012 and concluded in early May 2013. The show premiered on September 3, 2012 for Canal de las Estrellas in Mexico.
Originally, Mexican producer Pedro Torres offered González the lead role of "Sofía López-Haro" (Serena Van Der Woodsen in the original television show) in his upcoming television show, Gossip Girl: Acapulco, the Mexican remake of the hit American television series, Gossip Girl. González considered accepting the role, but declined, due to her rigorous filming schedule for Amores verdaderos.
In September 2013, González was cast in director Adrian Cervantes' film, All Hail the Squash Blossom Queen. The film is slated to star Bonnie Wright of the Harry Potter film franchise. González will play "Brittany". Filming is expected to begin in April 2014.
In November 2013, she was announced as a cast member for producer Robert Rodriguez's television series, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series. González will play Santanico Pandemonium, a role also portrayed by Salma Hayek. The series is produced by Rodriguez for his upcoming cable network El Rey. The program began filming in Austin, Texas in late November. It is expected to have ten episodes and is slated to air in the Untied States.
Debut album: Contracorriente (2008–2010)
Following the success of her debut performance in Lola...Érase una vez, González signed a deal with EMI Televisa to record her own album as a solo artist in late 2008. Pre-production and recording for González's debut album, Contracorriente (Counter-current in English) began in fall 2008; the album was recorded in Texas, Los Angeles, and Mexico City. The album was released in Mexico on November 24, 2009. It was released in the US on January 26, 2010. The album's only single, Mi Destino Soy Yo, was released in Mexico on October 20, 2009. To promote the single, she performed at televised music festivals and concerts across Mexico.
Sophomore album: Te Acordarás de Mí (2011-2012)
In June 2011, González stated that she wished to focus on the production and recording of her second solo album. She also revealed that she planned to spend the remainder of the year working on new music and announced that she would not return to film or television projects until the album was completed. She completed production on her second album during the first months of 2012. The album was recorded in Mexico City, Texas, and the Dominican Republic.
Her first single, Te Acordarás de Mí, was released for digital download on iTunes for Mexico on April 16, 2012 and May 22, 2012 for the U.S. The song was co-written by González, singer-songwriter Alejandra Alberti, and Carlos Lara in Mexico City. González's second album, Te Acordarás de Mí was released on June 12, 2012 in Mexico for physical and digital format; it was released digitally on iTunes the U.S. on the same day. The album contains 12 songs; González co-wrote three songs. Te Acordarás de Mí debuted at number 66 on the Mexican Charts. Invisible was announced as the second single; it was released on the radio in Mexico on August 1, 2012.
In February 2013, González confirmed plans for a re-release edition of her sophomore album. The re-release is expected to include new songs, as well as duets.
González moved to Los Angeles, California in late August 2013 to further pursue her acting career. She is fluent in English and speaks some Italian. In June 2011, she began dating Mexican businessman Pepe Diaz for two years. The pair split in the summer of 2013.
|2008||Horton Hears A Who||Jessica||Spanish-language voiceover|
|2013||The Croods||Eep Crood||Spanish-language voiceover|
|Casi 30||Cristina||Film debut|
|2014||Flying Fairy Until Liffey||Talula||Short film|
|2015||All Hail the Squash Blossom Queen||Brittany|
|2007–08||Lola...Érase una vez||Dolores "Lola" Valente Pescador||Protagonist (Acting debut)|
|2007||Amor sin maquillaje||Dolores "Lola" Valente Pescador||Special Guest|
|2008||Una Familia De Tantas||Gaby||Unaired Pilot|
|2009||Mujeres Asesinas 2||Gabriela Ortega||Antagonist (Episode: Tere, desconfiada)|
|2010||Sueña conmigo||Clara Molina/Roxy Pop||Protagonist|
|2012||Amores verdaderos||Nicole "Nikki" Brizz Balvanera||Protagonist|
|2014||From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series||Santanico Pandemonium||Protagonist|
|2008||Hoy no me puedo levantar||Cameo|
|2012||I Love Romeo y Julieta||Julieta|
|2007||Premios Oye!||Lola... Érase una vez (album)||Artista Revelacion||Nominated|
|2008||Premios TV y Novelas||Lola, érase una vez||Actriz Revelacion del Año||Won|
|2009||Premio Lo Nuestro||Lola... Érase una vez (álbum)||Revelación Pop del Año||Won|
|2011||Kids Choice Awards México||Sueña conmigo||Personaje Femenino Favorito de una Serie||Nominated|
|Kids Choice Awards Argentina||Mejor actriz||Nominated|
|Revelacion en TV||Won|
|Meus Premios Nick||Mejor actriz||Nominated|
|2012||Premios Juventud||Moda (Style)||Quiero Vestir Como Ella||Nominated|
|Premios Celebrity E!||Amores Verdaderos||Celebridad del Año||Nominated|
|2013||Premios Juventud||Me Puedes Pedir Lo Que Sea (feat Marconi)||Mejor Tema Novelero||Won|
|Amores Verdaderos||Chica Que Me Quita El Sueño||Nominated|
|MTV Millennial Awards||Eiza González||Bizcocho del Año||Nominated|
|Kids Choice Awards México||Solista Favorito||Won|
|Eiza González por "Epp" en Los Croods||Doblaje Favorito en Película||Won|
- ":: Ritmoson Latino: Eiza González" (in Spanish). esmas.com. 2011-01-19. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Eiza González participa en la serie 'Una familia de tantas' Retrieved on July 18, 2009
- "Actuación - Eiza González". Eizagonzalezr.com.mx. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza González y sus anécdotas escolares". Quien.com. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Periódico am". Am.com.mx. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "The page cannot be displayed". Terra.com.mx. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza González actuará en Mujeres Asesinas". Terra. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- Eiza González actuará en Sueña conmigo. Retrieved on August 22, 2010.
- "Eiza rechazó "Mis XV" por edad. Con Flor Rubio". Radioformula.com.mx. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza González, protagonista de 'Amores verdaderos'". Esmas. 2012-05-23. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza González hará papel "más maduro" en 'Amores Verdaderos' - Terra México". Entretenimiento.terra.com.mx. 2012-05-23. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza Gonzalez Confirmed For Telenovela 'Amores Verdaderos' - Terra USA". En.terra.com. 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza González protagonizará el remake de "Amor En Custodia" - Univision Novelas y Series". Novelasyseries.univision.com. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza podría participar en 'Gossip Girl'". Televisa.esmas.com. 2013-01-09. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza González cast in 'All Hail the Squash Blossom Queen' - Movies News". Digital Spy. 2013-09-19. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- T2's Robert Patrick & More Join 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series', by Craig Hunter
- "Eiza repetirá papel de Salma | Espectáculos | El Diario". Diario.mx. 2013-11-15. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Ocupa a Eiza González su nuevo disco - Terra México". Terra.com.mx. 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Afirma Eiza Gonzбlez que su prioridad es la mъsica". El Universal. 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Planea Eiza González sacar nuevo álbum a finales de año. Con Maxine Woodside". Radioformula.com.mx. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Hace Eiza González dueto con ‘El Cata’ en su nuevo disco [Eiza González] - 06/05/2012 | Periódico Zócalo". Zocalo.com.mx. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza GonzÃ¡lez promueve el voto". Vanguardia.com.mx. 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Capitol Latin - Capitol Latin “Te Acordarás De Mi” El Nuevo Sencillo De Eiza Se Encuentra A La Venta Ya »". Emimusiclatam.com. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza, ¿Provocativa? Para nada". Elsiglodetorreon.com.mx. 2012-05-29. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Eiza González lanzará edición especial de su disco". Televisa.esmas.com. 2013-02-13. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Eiza Gonzáles se muda a Los Ángeles" (in Spanish). La Verdad de Quintana Roo. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Por Agencias (19 April 2013). "Eiza González se despide de México" (in Spanish). Periódico Zócalo. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Eiza Gonzalez Broke Up With Her Boyfriend - FamousFix.com". M.famousfix.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Nickelodeon - Kids' Choice Awards México 2013 - Votación - Final". Kidschoiceawardsmexico.mundonick.com. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Nickelodeon - Kids Choice Awards Mexico 2013 - Votación". Kidschoiceawardsargentina.mundonick.com. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- [dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eiza González.|