Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2013)|
|Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai|
|Genre||Indian soap opera
|Created by||Cinevistaas Limited|
|Written by||Zama Habib
|Directed by||Santram Verma
|Opening theme||Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai By Shreya Goshal
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||02|
|Running time||Approx. 21 minutes|
|Original channel||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
|Original airing||3 October 2011|
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (English:My Sister Is One In Thousands) was a daily Indian soap opera which aired on STAR Plus from 3 October 2011 until 13 September 2013. The show is based on the relationship of two sisters, Jeevika (played by Krystle D'Souza) and Manvi (played by Nia Sharma).
The Tamil adaptation of the show is known as Deivam Thandha En Thangai and started airing on Star Vijay from 29 October 2012. The Telugu adaptation is known as Chigurakulalo Chilakamma and airs on Maa TV.
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (November 2013)|
Jeevika and Manvi Chaudhary are two sisters who mean the world to each other. Jeevika is the older sister; she is mature, well-tempered, and cautious whereas Manvi is fun-loving, bold, and loquacious. After the death of their parents, they leave their life in Delhi and return to their ancestral home in Rishikesh. Enter Viren and Virat Vadhera, two handsome brothers who hail from an extremely wealthy family in Chandigarh. Viren is a well established lawyer, whereas Virat is still discovering his love for music. Jeevika and Viren are arranged to marry one another, but eventual circumstances involving Jeevika's previous suitor, Dr. Manan- circumstances mostly caused by Manvi's meddling as she's afraid of losing her sister- bring their engagement to a head. Eventually, Jeevika realizes she loves Viren, and Viren proposes to her again. They then get married, and Jeevika moves to Chandigarh.
Soon after, Manvi discovers she has blood cancer, and this brings her closer to Virat, as he is the first to know about it. They go through the oscillations of arguing and making up until they both realize that they've fallen in love with one another. Once Manvi undergoes chemo, it is discovered that only a bone marrow transplant will save her life. Jeevika and Viren are expecting a baby at this time, but Jeevika is the only person who matches Manvi's bone marrow and blood type perfectly. Viren and Jeevika choose to abort their child to save Manvi's life. Afterwards, Manvi and Virat are married.
Trouble brews again when Jaiswal, a man who previously attempted to kill Viren during his wedding, sends Karan, an imposter to pose as Virat and Viren's bua, Swamini's son. Jeevika and Manvi learn of this, and when Karan attacks them, Jeevika appears not to have murdered him in defense. Virat takes the fall, but Viren suspects foul play and is able to prove that Karan's real killer is Jaiswal.
In the months following, Manvi learns that she is pregnant while Jeevika learns that she cannot conceive. As a result, Jeevika and Viren opt for surrogacy. But the surrogate mother, Vidhi, comes with a dark past, and she develops feelings for Viren. Nemesis takes her in the form of her abusive husband Shashank, who poses as Viren's old friend Harshad. When Viren discovers that Harshad died three years prior in a plan crash, Shashank attempts to pit Viren and Jeevika against each other. Viren clears the misunderstanding and then forces Shashank to divorce Vidhi. In the meanwhile, Manvi must undergo special treatment during her pregnancy when her doctor tells her that because she is a cancer survivor, her pregnancy can be very dangerous and possibly life-threatening. While at the hospital, she meets her real father and works to re-establish him in their family in Rishikesh. Jeevika at first does not want to accept him, but after he saves Manvi's life, she realizes how important family is.
The show ends with Vidhi and Manvi giving birth to two baby girls. Viren and Jeevika name their daughter Mansi,and Virat and Manvi name their daughter Jhanvi. It is then revealed that Jeevika is pregnant with her and Viren's second child.
- Krystle D'Souza as Jeevika Viren Singh Vadhera ( 2011-2013)
- Karan Tacker as Viren Singh Vadhera (2011-2013)
- Nia Sharma as Manvi Virat Singh Vadhera ( 2011-2013)
- Kushal Tandon as Virat Singh Vadhera (2011-2013)
- Neha Gosain as Vidhi (2013-
- Seema Kapoor as Swamini Vadhera (2011-2013)
- Indu Verma as Vanshika Vikram Singh Vadhera (2011-2013)
- Deep Dhillon as Vijay Singh Vadhera (2011-2013)
- Anupam Bhattacharya as Inder Singh Vadhera (2011-2013)
- Manasvi Vyas as Kadambari Inder Singh Vadhera (2011-2013)
- Anju Mahendru as Beeji (2011-2013)
- Imran Khan as Mahesh Chaudhary ( 2011-2013)
- Mohit Chauhan as Madan Chaudhary (2011-2013)
- Divyajyotee Sharma as Pinky Chaudhary ( 2011-2013)
- Tarla Joshi as Badi Beeji (2011-2013)
- Gaurav Kummar as Daboo Chaudhary/Dabinder Singh Chaudhary (2011-2013)
- Lavina Tandon as Sweety Daboo Chaudhary (2013)
- Abhinav Shukla as Dr.Manan (2011-2012 )
- Neeraj Malviya as Harshad/Shashank (2013)
- Sehban Azim as Karan Shekhawat (2012-2013)
- Nikunj Malik as Maya ( 2012)
- Puneet Sachdev as Vikram (2013)
- Ranjeev Verma as Vikram's Father (2013)
- Kajal Pisal as Riya Malik/Sheetal ( 2013)
- Karan Suchak as Sambhav Malik ( 2013)