Eka Kurniawan is an Indonesian writer. He was born in Tasikmalaya, West Java, November 28, 1975. He studied philosophy at Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta. He works as a journalist, writer and designer. He writes novels, short stories, movie scripts and graphic novel, as well as essays.
- Pramoedya Ananta Toer dan Sastra Realisme Sosialis, 1999.
- Cantik itu Luka (The Beauty is Wound, 2002).
- Lelaki Harimau (Man Tiger, 2004).
- Gelak Sedih dan Cerita-cerita Lainnya (Sad Laughter and Other Stories, 2005),
- Cinta tak ada Mati dan Cerita-cerita Lainnya (No Death for Love and Other Stories, 2005),
- Bi wa Kizu (Shinpusha, 2006), Japanese translation of Cantik itu Luka, translated by Ribeka Ota.