Eklipse Sports Radio
|Broadcast area||Central Scotland|
|Slogan||The Music You Want - The Sports You Love|
|Frequency||DAB: Central Scotland, Online|
|First air date||20 September 2013|
|Format||Sports News, Classic rock|
|Owner||Eklipse Sports Radio Ltd|
All the programming is produced in Glasgow.
The station was mooted in the Summer of 2013 when capacity became available on the Central Scotland multiplex and a five year transmission contract was signed with Switch Scotland. The station's OFCOM broadcast licence was granted in July 2013 with a licenced format of sports news, talk and Classic rock music to a potential 2.7 million adults in the station's TSA.
The company raised £40,000 in capital under the UK government's Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme, although launch was delayed by the sudden death of one of the major investors in November 2013. In February 2014 the station moved into new studio premises in Admiral St in the Kinning Park area of Glasgow. The Station Director is Spencer Pryor a former ITV journalist and radio presenter.
The current line up of presenters include George Aitchison, a former Q96 and Your Radio presenter on Breakfast. Bill Young the former Programme Controller at Belfast's CityBeat hosts the station's flagship phone-in programme along with co-hosts Hugh Burns the ex Rangers, Heart of Midlothian and Ayr United defender on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. The other regular co-hosts are David McKinnon the ex-Rangers player and ex-Kilmarnock Chief Executive and Mark Birchill the ex-Celtic player and current Livingston FC assistant manager. Barry Ferguson the ex Rangers and Scotland player and current manager of Clyde FC is also a regular pundit.
The station has negotiated the rights to cover Scottish Junior Football for the 2014/15 season including commentaries and match reports. This output is centered on the Eklipse Sports Saturday Show with junior football experts John Redmond and John Taylor.
- George Aitchison (Weekday breakfast)
- Ian Martin (Weekday mid-mornings)
- Alex Horsburgh (Weekday afternoons)
- Bill Young (Weekday football phone-in)
- Chris Duke (Weekday Evenings & Bell2Bell)
- Dave Mac (Weekend Breakfast)
- Scott Summers (Sunday evening)
- Ian Oliphant (Weekend mornings)
- Rod Johnston (Weekend nights)
- Craig Anderson (Behind The Glass)
- Andy Alston (F1 Review Show)
- Nick Mills
- Peter Greenwood
- Catt Weir
- "£40k the aim for new Scottish sports radio station". The Scotsman. 2013-07-18. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Bill Young joins DAB Eklipse Sports Radio". RadioToday. 2013-10-02. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Football Deal for Eklipse Radio". Radio Today. 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2014-09-07.
|This article about a radio station in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company of Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|