Udoh with the Bucks
|No. 5 – Milwaukee Bucks|
|Position||Center / Power forward|
May 20, 1987 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school||Edmond Santa Fe
|NBA draft||2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6th overall|
|Selected by the Golden State Warriors|
|Pro playing career||2010–present|
|2010–2012||Golden State Warriors|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Ekpedeme Friday "Ekpe" Udoh (/ / e-PAY EW-doh; born May 20, 1987) is an American professional basketball player who plays for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He formerly played with the Baylor Bears and was selected by the Warriors with the sixth overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. He played high school basketball for Edmond Santa Fe High School.
With a 7'4 1⁄2" wingspan, he was the Big 12 Conference's leading shot blocker during the 2009–2010 basketball season. He led the conference in his only season at Baylor, after transferring from Michigan where, as a freshman, he led the Big Ten Conference statistical championships in blocked shots with a 2.67 conference game average and a 2.88 all game average. He led the team to the Conference statistical championship with a 4.28 team average in conference games.
He played three seasons, two at Michigan and one at Baylor, averaging 8.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 103 career games. Ekpe was named an Honorable Mention All-American by the Associated Press as a junior at Baylor, named to the All-Big 12 Second Team by the AP and conference coaches as a junior, named Big 12 Newcomer of the Year by the AP and conference coaches as a junior, named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year by The Sporting News as a junior, and named to the Big 12 All-Defense and Big 12 All-Rookie teams by conference coaches as a junior. He earned Big 12 Rookie of the Week honors on four occasions in November 30, January 4, January 11 and February 15. As a sophomore he was named to the Big 12 All-Defensive team.
In the 2010 NBA Draft, Udoh was the 6th overall pick by the Golden State Warriors. Because of a wrist injury, Udoh did not play in a NBA game until December 11, 2010 when he made his debut against Miami Heat in the final 3 minutes of the game, scoring 2 points.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
The son of Alice and Sam Udoh, Ekpe was born in Edmond, Oklahoma. He graduated in 2006 from Edmond Santa Fe High School where he and former teammate Obi Muonelo led the team to the state-championship as juniors. His parents are Nigerians.
- Baylor Bears forward Ekpe Udoh, a transfer from Michigan, has developed into one of the Big 12's best overall players and a potential NBA lottery pick – ESPN Dallas
- Draft Express
- Udoh's next choice: Baylor or NBA? – Colleges Blog – ESPN Dallas
- "Big Ten Basketball 2009-10 Media Guide". CBS Interactive. p. 35. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- "Big Ten Basketball 2009-10 Media Guide". CBS Interactive. p. 38. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "Udoh out 6 months following surgery". ESPN. July 14, 2010. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- Udoh to Israel, Lin to Italy?
- "Bucks Acquire Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown from Warriors". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. March 13, 2012. Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- Bear Essential Sports Illustrated, March 29, 2010