Ellen Hørups Fond (4.4%)
|Publisher||JP/Politikens Hus A/S|
|Founded||12 February 1904|
|Political alignment||Traditionally centre-left. No current allignment.|
Ekstra Bladet (Danish pronunciation: [ˈɛɡsdʁɐˌblæˀð]) is a Danish tabloid newspaper focusing on sensationalist news and political revelations. stories. It gets a share of its income from sex ads. Since 1979 it has always had a partly or completely naked woman on page nine which is referred to as Side 9 Pigen ("The Page 9 Girl"), a Danish equivalent of the Page 3 girl in the United Kingdom. The current editor is Poul Madsen, who on 6 September 2007 replaced Hans Engell.
The newspaper began publication 1904 in a Politiken newspaper, and a year later, it became a separate newspaper.
The political leaning of the newspaper might traditionally be viewed as social-liberal (as it is an offspring of Politiken), but it would probably be more accurate to say that the newspaper considers itself in opposition to anyone in a position of power (a watchdog), and the defender of the ordinary man.
Ekstra Bladet's readership and circulation has declined in recent years, and continues to do so. In the period of 1995-96 the daily had a circulation of 198,000 copies. However, the official website 'ekstrabladet.dk' is by far the largest news website in Denmark. In March 2013 the Alexa rank of ekstrabladet.dk was 1.949, making the Danish language site one of the 2.000 most popular websites worldwide.
In December 2010 Ekstra Bladet editor-in-chief Poul Madsen threatened to complain to the European Court of Justice after its submission of an application to Apple's App Store was rejected. Madsen claimed the application was deemed offensive, and in an editorial described Apple as being an "American nanny".
- About (in Danish) Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 22 September 2010. "noise and ruckus", "occasional indignation", "Always in opposition"
- Said about us (in Danish) Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved: 22 September 2010.
- Massage & escort Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved: 22 September 2010.
- Page 9 girl Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved: 23 September 2010.
- Side 9-pigen (in Danish) Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 22 September 2010.
- "Hans Engell forlader Ekstra Bladet" (in Danish). Politiken. 6 September 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2007.
- Readers Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 22 September 2010.
- Euromedia Research Group (24 September 1998). Media Policy: Convergence, Concentration & Commerce. SAGE Publications. p. 10. ISBN 978-1-4462-6524-6. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- Ranking Alexa.
- Apple clashes with tabloid over breasts The Copenhagen Post. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- Kommentar: Vi har ikke brug for en amerikansk nanny (in Danish) Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 8 December 2010.