Ekta Kapoor is an Indian TV and film producer. She is the Joint Managing Director and Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms, her production company.
Ekta Kapoor is the daughter of actor Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. Her brother Tusshar Kapoor is also a Bollywood actor. She did her schooling at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim and attended college at Mithibai College. She has produced numerous soap opera, television series and movies. Her soap operas include, Hum Paanch, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kaahin Kissii Roz, Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii, Kahiin to Hoga, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, Kasamh Se, "Miya Fauj mein Biwi Mauj Mein"Kkusum, Kutumb, Bandini, Kitani Mohabbat Hai, Tere Liye, Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani, Parichay—Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Gumrah – End Of Innocence,Kya Hua Tera Vaada and many others. She is currently producing Pavitra Rishta, Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, Jodha Akbar, Pavitra Bandhan and Ye Hai Mohabbatein.
She ventured into Bollywood movie production in 2001 beginning with Kyo Kii... Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta . Kucch To Hai and Krishna Cottage based on supernatural themes followed in 2003 and 2004. Kyaa Kool Hai Hum starred her brother Tusshar Kapoor. She then went on to co-produce Shootout at Lokhandwala with Sanjay Gupta. Mission Istanbul and EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Parega in collaboration with Sunil Shetty followed. In 2010 and 2011 she released Love Sex aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Shor in the City, Ragini MMS, Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum and The Dirty Picture.
Her recent/upcoming productions include Ek Thi Daayan, Shootout at Wadala, Lootera, Once Upon a Time In Mumbaai Dobara, Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi, Ragini MMS 2, Shaadi Ke Side Effects, Milan Talkies, Main Tera Hero, Ek Villain — There's one in every love story and Badtameez Dil
Awards and honours
- ^ Sabharwal, Rahul (21 January 2010). "Meet the 'real' Ekta Kapoor". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- ^ "Ekta Kapoor springs a surprise". The Hindu. 1 July 2002. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- ^ "Ekta Kapoor & family take pay cut". The Hindu. 2 October 2009. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- ^ Shekhar (2012-02-20). "Ekta Kapoor's obsession with ‘K’ was strategy, but not superstition". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- ^ "Recipients of Asia's Social Empowerment Award".