El Extraño Retorno de Diana Salazar
El extraño retorno de Diana Salazar ("The mysterious return of Diana Salazar") is a 1988 Mexican telenovela starring Lucía Méndez and Jorge Martinez. It is an unusual example of a telenovela which addresses supernatural topics.
In Mexico during the 17th century, the beautiful and aristocratic Leonor de Santiago is engaged to Don Eduardo de Carbajal. Lucrecia Treviño, who also loves Eduardo, is desperate to prevent the announcement of their engagement. When an Inquisition representative arrives to Mexico, Lucrecia accuses Leonor of witchcraft, in a ploy to foil the marriage. Leonor, stung by the accusation, causes a chandelier to fall down and injure others, under the watch of the Inquisitor. Both Eduardo and Leonor are taken by the Inquisition guards, and die in a bonfire swearing eternal love to one another.
360 years later, Diana Salazar is a typical young woman with recurrent dreams about certain time and place that she finds familiar but she can't explain why. She dreams of herself being Leonor de Santiago and she feels a strong love towards a man she doesn't even know; she has only seen him in her dreams, and his name is Eduardo de Carbajal.
One particular day, she meets Mario Villarreal, she recognizes him as the man of her dreams, Eduardo de Carbajal, and automatically falls in love with him. Diana keeps having those dreams about the past so she turns for help to Irene del Conde, a psychiatrist with an interest in parapsychology. Under hypnosis, Diana begins to remember past facts that make her realize that she is the reincarnation of Leonor. She also discovers that Mario was Eduardo de Carbajal, and eventually, she also finds out that Irene del Conde was Lucrecia Trevino, who is determined to win Mario's love after learning that she couldn't have it in her past life because he was in love with Leonor.
- Lucía Méndez Open "Morir Un Poco"
- Lucía Méndez End "Un Alma en Pena" Song Written by Juan Gabriel
- Lucía Méndez as Diana Salazar / Doña Leonor de Santiago
- Jorge Martinez as Mario Villareal / Don Eduardo Carbajal
- Rafael Baledon as Ernesto Santelmo
- Rosa Maria Bianchi as Malena Salazar Obregon
- Alejandro Camacho as Dr. Omar Santelmo
- Carlos Camara as Luther Henrich / Franz Webber
- Ricardo Lizama as Galvan
- Carlos Magana as Amezcua
- Rebeca Manriquez as Marisela
- Alma Muriel as Dr. Irene Del Conde / Doña Lucrecia Treviño
- Chela Najera as Nela
- Alejandra Peniche as Monica Auseta
- Patricia Reyes Spíndola as Jordana
- Adriana Roel as Delfina Garcia Salazar
- Fernando Saenz as Rodrigo
- Mario Sauret as Gonzalo Obregon
- Alejandro Tommasi as Adrian Alfaro
- Rafael Velasquez as Enrique Falcon
- Paola Ochoa
- Carlos Gajardo
- El Extraño Retorno de Diana Salazar at the Internet Movie Database
- El Extraño Retorno de Diana Salazar at Alma-Latina.net
|El Extraño Retorno de Diana Salazar
April 11, 1988 - January 13, 1989
La casa al final de la calle