Elbe Philharmonic Hall
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (July 2013)|
|Current use||Under construction|
|Opened||Planned for 12 January 2017|
|Architect||Herzog & de Meuron|
The Elbphilharmonie Hamburg (nicknamed Elphi) is a concert hall under construction in the HafenCity quarter of Hamburg, Germany. The concert hall is designed by Herzog & de Meuron on top of an old warehouse (Kaispeicher A). It will be the tallest inhabited building of Hamburg, with a final height of 110m.
On 2 April 2007, the First Mayor of Hamburg Ole von Beust, Henner Mahlstedt, Hochtief Construction AG, project coordinator Hartmut Wegener, Hamburg Minister of Culture Karin von Welck and architect Pierre de Meuron laid the foundation stone in the warehouse Kaispeicher A. In 2007, the construction was scheduled to be finished in 2010 with an estimated cost of €241 million.
In November 2008, as an endorsement to the original contract, the costs for the project were estimated at €450 million.
In August 2012, the cost were re-estimated to be over €500 million, which should also cover the increased cost for a strengthened roof. As of December 2014, construction work is scheduled to end in October 2016 at a cost of €789 million, with an announced opening date of 12 January 2017.
- Stars kommen zu "Elphi"-Konzerten (Welt)
- Liegt der Michel-Fluch auf der Elphi? (Bild)
- Staff (2007-04-05), River Tunes: Elbe Philharmonic Hall by Herzog & de Meuron, ArchNewsNow.com, retrieved 2008-08-23
- Jaeger, Falk (May 2008), Waterfront Living and Working: Hamburg's HafenCity, Goethe-Institut, archived from the original on 2008-06-02, retrieved 2008-08-23
- "Start für Entkernung der Elbphilharmonie" (in German). Die Welt. 2007-08-05. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- "Hamburgs Wahrzeichen wird gebaut" (in German). Die Welt. 2007-04-07. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- Mischke, Joachim (2008-11-27), "Preis des Prestigeprojekts steigt weiter.", Hamburger Abendblatt (in German), retrieved 2009-03-12
- Opening concert for Elphi on 12 January 2017, Hamburger Abendblatt
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elbphilharmonie.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaispeicher A.|