Eldar is both a Hebrew first/last name meaning "god resides" and a rare Norse first name meaning "Warrior who fights with fire"(Eld+ar (ar=Harjar)) Eld=fire. It is also a name meaning 'ruler' in the Turkic language. "El" means state or country in Turkic language, dar is a suffix from Persian language. Its also the word for 'fire' in the Icelandic, Swedish (eld) and Norwegian (ild) language. It is also a common first name among the Tatars, the Crimean Tatars, the Azerbaijanis, the Georgians and the Bashkirs.
Eldar may also refer to:
- Eldar Shengelaya, Georgian and Soviet film director and screenwriter
- Eldar Djangirov, jazz piano player from Kyrgyzstan, of Russian descent, now living in the USA
- Eldar Gasimov, Azerbaijani singer
- Eldar Mahmudov, minister of the National Security of the Azerbaijan Republic
- Eldar Namazov, Azerbaijani politician
- Eldar Rønning, Norwegian cross-country skier
- Eldar Ryazanov, Soviet/Russian film director
- Eldar (Middle-earth), division of the Elves in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium
- Eldar (Warhammer 40,000), ancient race of elf-like aliens in the Warhammer 40,000 fictional universe
- A race of ancient elves in the Riftwar series by Raymond Feist
- A character in the video game Shining Force III
- A river in the world of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
- Eldar, a planet in the video game Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Eldar Pine, species of pines
- Eldar Pine State Reserve in Azerbaijan
- Eldaring, Germanic Neopagan organization
- A European server for the MMO The Lord of the Rings Online
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Eldar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.