|Type||Public company (BSE: 532322; NSE: ELDERPHARM)|
|Industry||Pharmaceuticals, Drugs & healthcare|
|Founder(s)||Mr. Jagdish Saxena|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra , India|
|Key people||Mr.Jagdish Saxena, Managing Director, Mr.Yusuf Karim Khan, Executive Director, Mr.Alok Saxena, Joint Managing Director|
|Products||Medicines and Vaccines|
|Revenue||833.02 crore (US$130 million) (2010-2011) |
|Subsidiaries||NeutraHealth, Elvista |
Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd is a pharmaceutical company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Its main activities include the manufacturing and marketing of prescription pharmaceutical brands, surgical and medical devices. Its largest presence in three therapeutic segments, Women’s Healthcare, Wound Care and Nutraceuticals. It has 6 manufacturing plants in India & 1 in Nepal. It manufacture various dosage forms like tablets, capsules, syrups, injectables, topical creams and ointments.
In 1989, Mr. Jagdish Saxena formed Elder Pharmaceuticals in Mumbai. The first manufacturing plant was set up in 1989 at Nerul. It was listed on Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange in 2000. It was founded by Mr. Saxena, when he lost his job due to the shut down of the pharma division of a company for which he was working.
- "Elder : Corporate - Introduction". Elderindia.com. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Elder Contact". Elderindia.com. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Elder Pharma hiring 1,000 sales staff to tap India's rural market, pharma jobs in India Elder Pharma employment | DWS Pill Scribe". Dancewithshadows.com. 2010-04-19. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Elder Pharma to buy UK’s NeutraHealth for $19.1 mn - Corporate News". livemint.com. 2010-09-16. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Elder Pharma backs out of Ghana venture - Money - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Elder Pharma gets Japanese approval for API facility". Business-standard.com. 2011-01-03. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "How Elder Pharma was born". Rediff.com. 2004-07-31. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Elder: Corporate History /Corporate Background". Elderindia.com. Retrieved 2011-01-08.