1 January 1978 |
Sarajevo, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, Yugoslavia
Eldin Huseinbegović is one of the popular musicians from Bosnia and Herzegovina. He was born in 1978 in Sarajevo. His first public performance was at the festival “Mali Šlager (Little chanson)” in 1987 in Sarajevo. He graduated music school in 1992. From 1992 until 1996 he dedicated himself to the performance of spiritual music. In 1997 he was the winner of “Studentsko Ljeto (Student’s Summer)” festival. In Maglaj 1998 Eldin won 2nd place jury prize for best music at the festival, “Tamo Gdje Ljubav Počinje (Where Love Begins)”. In 1997 event held at Goražde, Eldin participated in B&H choice for Eurovision Song Contest. And in 1999 he participated again as the singer and songwriter.
In 2000 he took part in the Festival of Popular Music “Bihać 2000”. Since 2002 he has worked as a tenor at the Opera Narodnog Pozorišta (National Theatre Opera) in Sarajevo and participated in a large number of operas and concerts (Traviata, Figarov Pri, Nabuko, Hasanaginica, Ero S’Onog Svijeta, Mmocartov i Verdijev Rekvijem, Tosca, Šišmiš, Ljubavni Napitak, Zrinjski). In 2007 and 2008 he took part in the “BiH Radijsko-Televizijskom Festivalu (B&H Radio-Television Festival)” and both times won the prize for best interpretation. In 2009 he was awarded “Isa-beg Ishaković” award for his contribution to the cultural and musical heritage of B&H. In 2010 he was awarded “Etno-pop pjevač godine u BiH (Ethno-pop singer in B&H)”. His album Kaldrma (2010) is an autobiographical work and was a gift to his wife, Emka.
Eldin is the owner of musical studio “Džaan" (1999). He is also a member of the “Balkanske Muzičke Akademije (Balkan Music Academy)” (30.01.2010) composed of the best authors and producers from the Balkans. He wrote over 100 songs.
As a songwriter he intensively cooperates with the biggest musical names in the region (Dino Merlin, Hari Mata Hari, Marija Šerifović, Elvira Rahić, Enes Begović, Osman Hadžić, Dženan Lončarević, Jelena Tomašević).
- Studio albums
- Kaldrma (Street, 2010)
- Poslije tebe (After You, 2007)
- Tako bih rado (I Wish So, 2008)
- Strijela sudbine (Arrow of Destiny, 2009)
- As featured artist
- Da šutiš (To Be Quiet, 2008) with Dino Merlin
- Tvoje je samo to što daš (Only What You Give Is Yours, 2009) with Hari Mata Hari
- Prelijepe sevdalinke i jeftina politika, Nezavisne novine, 8 October 2008 (noting appearance of Huseinbegović as a guest performer of a concert given by Hari Varešanović)
- "Video - Dino Merlin: "Između Harija Varešanovića i mene ispriječila se jedino Miljacka"" [Video - Dino Merlin: "Only Miljacka came between Hari Varešanović and me] (in Croatian). Nacional (weekly). 7 June 2008. Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2012.