Eldon is a privately held company headquartered in Madrid, Spain, and a global manufacturer of standard and customised enclosure solutions for the industrial and building markets.
Product manufacturing is developed in several European production facilities and a plant in India. The company has 6 distribution centres and is present in 45 countries around the world.
All products have relevant certifications and approvals.
Eldon offers several ranges of products:
- mild steel and stainless steel wall mounting enclosures
- mild steel and stainless steel floor-standing enclosures
- console systems — mild steel and stainless steelconsoles for control & automation applications
- eldon uniplast range — polyester enclosures for electrical and electronic systems
- terminal boxes range — over 160 standard sizes in six different types of material
- thermal management — products used to maintain the right temperature and protect sensitive components inside
- shielded enclosures — enclosures with zinc plated frames or produced in stainless steel which can withstand the main enemy of EMI, corrosion
- swing-arms range
- general accessories — a variety of common components necessary for completing different applications
Eldon literally means “devices for electricity”, a representative name for a company manufacturing enclosures designed to protect highly sensitive electrical and electronic components.
Founded in 1922 in Nässjö, Sweden, the original company, was called Elekto Ljus & Kraft, name that was changed to AB Eldon-Verken in 1948.
Initially building electrical installation equipment and selling radios, the latest invention at the time, they soon began manufacturing a junction box designed for the use with electric ovens.
In 1963 the first acquisition was made with the take-over of their biggest competitor, Elektriska Osterman AB. Four years later the Eldon-Osterman companies have merged under the common name of Eldon AB.
In 1967 the company expanded abroad, by opening sales offices in several European Countries, starting with the UK and Belgium.
The Dutch subsidiary was inaugurated in 1970 in the north of Holland, in Drachten.
In 1999 Eldon AB was sold to EQT Partners and in 2006 the new management team acquired the majority shareholding from EQT.