Eldon Thompson (born May 6, 1974) is a professional author and screenwriter known for his epic fantasy series The Legend of Asahiel, published by HarperCollins (Eos). His debut novel, The Crimson Sword, was released in 2005, followed by The Obsidian Key in 2006 and The Divine Talisman in 2008. As a screenwriter, Thompson is credited with helping to bring Terry Brooks's Shannara books to the attention of Warner Bros., which in 2007 optioned Thompson's feature adaptation of Brooks's second book in that series, The Elfstones of Shannara.
Thompson was the Valedictorian of his high school class, in the small town of Gaston in rural Oregon. He earned a full scholarship to Western Oregon University, which he attended from 1992-1996. There, he studied English and the Health Sciences and attempted to play football, in hopes of one day playing quarterback in the NFL. While falling short of that goal, he graduated with honors, including being named by the faculty as "Outstanding Student of the Year in English Literature." In 1998, he moved to Los Angeles to enroll in UCLA's Professional Program in Screenwriting, from which he graduated in 1999.
The Legend of Asahiel
- Book One:The Crimson Sword (2005)
- Book Two: The Obsidian Key (2006)
- Book Three: The Divine Talisman (2008)
- "Unbowed"; Unfettered; Grim Oak Press, June 2013.
- "The Last Consultation"; Ship's Log: Writings at Sea; Triple Tree Publishing, July 2004.
- "One Thorn Among Many"; Pronto! Writings from Rome; Writers House Books, August 2002.
- "Thorns"; 35 Terrace (2009)
- Eldon Thompson - Official Website
- HarperCollins Author Page
- Terry Brooks - Movie News
- Eldon Thompson at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database