Eldoret International Airport
|Eldoret International Airport|
|IATA: EDL – ICAO: HKEL
Placement on map is approximate
|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||7,050 ft / 2,150 m|
Eldoret Airport, is an International airport in Kenya.
Eldoret Airport, (IATA: EDL, ICAO: HKEL), is located in the city of Eldoret, in Uasin Gishu District, Rift Valley Province, in the southwestern part of Kenya, close to the International border with Uganda. Its location is approximately 17 kilometres (11 mi), by road, south of the central business district of Eldoret. This location lies approximately 269 kilometres (167 mi), by air, northwest of Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, the largest civilian and military airport in the country.
Eldoret International Airport is a large airport that serves the city of Eldoret and the surrounding communities. Situated at 2,150 metres (7,050 ft) above sea level, the airport has a single asphalt runway that measures 3,475 metres (11,401 ft) in length.
The airport was established in 1995. It is administered by the Kenya Airports Authority. Currently the airport has three scheduled International cargo flights and several ad hoc freighters per week.
Airlines and destinations
Seasonal: Kisumu, Lodwar
|Kenya Airways||Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta (ends 1 April 2014)|
|Emirates SkyCargo||Dubai |
|Etihad Crystal Cargo||Abu Dhabi, Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta |
- Kenya Airports Authority - Eldoret International Airport
- Airport information for HKEL at Great Circle Mapper.
- Road Distance Between Downtown Eldoret And Eldoret Airport With Map
- Map Showing JKIA And EIA With Distance Marker
- Elevation of Eldoret Airport Runway
- Length of Eldoret Airport Runway
- Eldoret Airport Founded In 1953
- "Kenya Airways to cease its operations to/from Nairobi (NBO) Eldoret (EDL)" (Press release). Kenya Airways. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- Emirates SkyCargo Schedule
- Etihad Crystal Cargo Schedule