Eleanor Perenyi (January 4, 1918 – May 3, 2009) was a gardener and author on gardening. She wrote Green Thoughts, a collection of essays based on her own experiences as a gardener. The book drew on her work on her husband’s castle (described in her 1946 publication More Was Lost). Green Thoughts was reviewed by Brooke Astor in The New York Times.
- Fox, Margalit (May 6, 2009). "Eleanor Perenyi, Writer and Gardener, Dies at 91". The New York Times. Retrieved May 7, 2009.
- Astor, Brooke (October 11, 1981). "The Trouble With Petunias". The New York Times. Retrieved May 7, 2009.
- "Harold D. Vursell Memorial Award recipients". American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters. Retrieved May 7, 2009.
- Perényi, Eleanor Spencer Stone (1981). Green thoughts: a writer in the garden. Random House. ISBN 978-0-394-50375-2.
- Perenyi, Eleanor (2002). More Was Lost. Helen Marx Books. ISBN 9781885586544.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|