Eleanor Worthington Cox
|Eleanor Worthington Cox|
|Born||Eleanor Winifred Worthington Cox
21 June 2001
Merseyside, England, UK
|Other names||Eleanor Worthington-Cox|
|Known for||Matilda the Musical|
Eleanor Worthington Cox (born 21 June 2001) is a British child actress from Merseyside most known for portraying Matilda Wormwood in Matilda the Musical for which she has won a Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress along with Cleo Demetriou, Kerry Ingram, and Sophia Kiely. Worthington Cox is the youngest recipient of the award at the age of 10.
In September 2011, Cox was announced to be one four girls playing the lead role of Matilda in Matilda the Musical along with: Cleo Demetriou, Kerry Ingram and Sophia Kiely.  She made her debut in October 2011 and performed in the show 2 nights a week. It was a critical success and Matilda was nominated for 10 Olivier awards among the nominations was Best Actress in a Musical for which Demetriou, Ingram, Kiely and Cox were all nominated. On awards night, Matilda won seven out of the ten nominations. Cox won Best Actress in a Musical along with her co-stars and currently holds the record for the youngest winner of an Olivier award.
Cox continued to appear in Matilda until 19 August 2012 this time sharing the role with Demetriou, Jade Marner and Isobelle Molloy. After finishing Matilda, she filmed the role of Young Princess Aurora in the 2014 film Maleficent. In May 2013, Cox played Scout in a stage play of To Kill a Mockingbird sharing her role with Lucy Hutchinson and Izzy Lee.
Eleanor Winifred Worthington Cox was born in 2001 to Andrew and Jill Worthington Cox. She has two elder brothers. She has been training at the Formby School of Performing Arts since the age 2 and attends Merchant Taylors' Girls' School, Crosby.
|2014||Maleficent||Young Princess Aurora||Supporting role|
|2009||Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat||Chorus|
|2011||Matilda the Musical||Matilda Wormwood||25 October 2011 – 19 August 2012|
|2013||To Kill a Mockingbird||Scout||16 May – 15 June 2013|
- "Formby Schoolgirl Makes History". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- Eleanor Harding (14 September 2011). "Matilda times four: Group of schoolgirls chosen to play lead role in West End musical". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Tim Masters (16 April 2012). "Matilda star, 10, is youngest Olivier winner". BBC. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Anita Singh (15 April 2012). "Young stars steal the show as Matilda sets Olivier records". The Telegraph. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "Dahl Day Delights - More Matilda Magic". TimMichin.com. 13 September 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Susanna Rustin (16 April 2012). "A Day in the Life of four girls called Matilda". The Guardian. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Tina Miles (17 April 2012). "Olivier Award winning actress Eleanor Worthington Cox to continue her starring role in Matilda until August". Liverpool.com. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Miles, Tina. "Young Formby actress to play Sleeping Beauty in Angelina Jolie’s Disney movie Maleficent". LiverpoolEcho.co.uk. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "To Kill a Mockingbird". Regent's Park Open Air Theatre. Retrieved 28 March 2013.