||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2013)|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, USA|
|Key people||Steve Brodie (Chief Executive Officer)
John Ousterhout (Founder)
John Graham-Cumming (Founder)
Electric Cloud, Inc. is a privately held, DevOps optimization software company.
Electric Cloud has three products – ElectricDeploy, ElectricCommander, and ElectricAccelerator.
Electric Cloud released its flagship product, ElectricAccelerator, in November 2002.
On November 6, 2006, ElectricCommander was released.
In December 2009, Electric Cloud created SparkBuild, a free tool that speeds developer builds and provides build debugging facilities. SparkBuild uses the same language features as GNU make and NMAKE, but it adds build avoidance technology and extended logging features to make the tool more effective for developers. SparkBuild also has a graphical tool to read its xml-formatted build logs for debugging and optimization.
Electric Cloud announced its newest product, ElectricDeploy, on July 18, 2012.
On September 28, 2012, ElectricAccelerator 6.2 was released.
- ElectricAccelerator Developer Edition is intended for use by an individual developer. ElectricAccelerator Developer Edition is essentially a "drop-in" replacement for GNU make, Microsoft Visual Studio or NMAKE builds.
- ElectricInsight is a reporting and visualization tool for ElectricAccelerator. ElectricInsight mines the information produced by ElectricAccelerator to provide a graphical representation of the build structure for performance analysis. It provides information and reports on each job on each node of the build cluster, for diagnostics.
ElectricCommander gives both development and operations visibility and control over their application development and delivery organization.
On December 21, 2012, ElectricCommander 4.2 was released.
ElectricDeploy automates and standardizes application deployments by modeling applications, their related environments, and the processes that deploy and recover applications.
Electric Cloud has repeatedly been acknowledged on the SD Times 100 list, which is an annual list of the top innovators and leaders in the software development industry. Electric Cloud was on the SD Times Top 100 list in 2006 , 2007 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 , and 2012
Red Herring 100 North America List Winner 2009
- Electric Cloud official website
- 10–20x Faster Software Builds, USENIX'05 Invited talk by John Ousterhout, Electric Cloud, Inc.
- SparkBuild community site
- Waters, John. "DevOps Automation Provider Adds Auto Deployment". ADT. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "SD Times 100". SD Times. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- "The 2006 SD Times 100: Trendsetters, Newsmakers & Noisemakers.". SD Times. 2006-05-15.
- "The 2007 SD Times 100: It’s a leader! It’s an influencer! It’s the SD Times 100!". SD Times. 2007-05-15.
- "The 2009 SD Times 100: 2009". SD Times. 2009-06-12.
- "The 2010 SD Times 100: A Noble Gathering of Leaders". SD Times. 2010-06-01.
- "The 2011 SD Times 100: They write the songs". SD Times. 2011-06-01.
- "The 2012 SD Times 100: A Software Development Superfecta". SD Times. 2012-06-01.
- "CMP Technology Announces Winners of the 17th Annual Jolt Product Excellence & Productivity Awards". PRNewswire. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Deloitte 2011 Technology Fast 500". Deloitte. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Inc 5000". Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Electric Cloud Named to Red Herring 100 North America List". Bloomberg. Retrieved 30 November 2012.