||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2013)|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, USA|
|Key people||Steve Brodie (Chief Executive Officer)
John Ousterhout (Founder)
John Graham-Cumming (Founder)
Electric Cloud, Inc. is a privately held, DevOps optimization software company whose solutions automate and accelerate the software application development and delivery (build-test-release-deploy) process. This enables organizations to deliver their business-critical applications to market faster, with higher quality, and improved infrastructure utilization. Electric Cloud addresses the challenge of managing the incredible complexity involved in developing and delivering applications of all kinds.
The Electric Cloud portfolio automates and accelerates agile development and delivery processes using physical, virtual, or cloud resources. Electric Cloud’s accomplishes this with its three products – ElectricDeploy, ElectricCommander, and ElectricAccelerator.
Electric Cloud released its flagship product, ElectricAccelerator, in November 2002.
On November 6, 2006, ElectricCommander was released.
In December 2009, Electric Cloud created SparkBuild, a free tool that speeds developer builds and provides build debugging facilities. SparkBuild uses the same language features as GNU make and NMAKE, but it adds build avoidance technology and extended logging features to make the tool more effective for developers. SparkBuild also has a graphical tool to read its xml-formatted build logs for debugging and optimization.
Electric Cloud announced its newest product, ElectricDeploy, on July 18, 2012.
ElectricAccelerator dramatically accelerates the software application builds. As a result, organizations have increased their productivity by as much as 97 percent. Leveraging its patented application dependency detection and correction technology, ElectricAccelerator can parallelize build tasks across desktops, multi-core machines and build farms/clusters or the cloud to reduce build time, improve build accuracy and increase resource efficiency.
On September 28, 2012, ElectricAccelerator 6.2 was released.
- ElectricAccelerator Developer Edition is intended for use by an individual developer, leveraging the multiple cores in a personal workstation. ElectricAccelerator Developer Edition is essentially a "drop-in" replacement for GNU make, Microsoft Visual Studio or NMAKE builds—simply replacing the legacy make with the ElectricAccelerator Developer Edition emake, and you will be good to go.
- ElectricInsight is a reporting and visualization tool for ElectricAccelerator. ElectricInsight mines the information produced by ElectricAccelerator to provide an easy-to-understand, graphical representation of the build structure for performance analysis. It provides detailed information and reports on each job on each node of the build cluster, for at-a-glance diagnostics.
ElectricCommander gives both development and operations unprecedented visibility and control over their application development and delivery organization. Spanning the entire build-test-deploy process, ElectricCommander delivers an automation solution that reduces complexity and makes the application development process run faster and with fewer errors. This means faster time-to-market, higher-quality applications and more efficient utilization of physical, virtual and cloud-based resources.
On December 21, 2012, ElectricCommander 4.2 was released.
ElectricDeploy, built on Electric Cloud's award-winning ElectricCommander platform, automates end-to-end delivery processes with the flexibility and scale needed to deliver applications quickly, reliably, securely and continuously to their customers. ElectricDeploy automates and standardizes application deployments by modeling applications, their related environments, and the processes that deploy and recover applications, helping customers achieve faster time-to-market and higher quality of business-critical applications.
Electric Cloud has repeatedly been acknowledged on the SD Times 100 list, which is an annual list of the top innovators and leaders in the software development industry. Electric Cloud was on the SD Times Top 100 list in 2006 , 2007 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 , and 2012
Red Herring 100 North America List Winner 2009
See also 
- Electric Cloud official website
- 10–20x Faster Software Builds, USENIX'05 Invited talk by John Ousterhout, Electric Cloud, Inc.
- SparkBuild community site
- Hadley, Bruce. "Is Your Software Stuck in Transit? Electric Cloud Aims to Fast-Track Release Cycles". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- Bridgwater, Adrian. "Electric Cloud Refines App Deployment". Dr. Dobbs. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- Waters, John. "DevOps Automation Provider Adds Auto Deployment". ADT. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- Torode, Christina. "GE's journey from waterfall to Agile practices". TechTarget. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "SD Times 100". SD Times. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- "The 2006 SD Times 100: Trendsetters, Newsmakers & Noisemakers.". SD Times. 2006-05-15.
- "The 2007 SD Times 100: It’s a leader! It’s an influencer! It’s the SD Times 100!". SD Times. 2007-05-15.
- "The 2009 SD Times 100: 2009". SD Times. 2009-06-12.
- "The 2010 SD Times 100: A Noble Gathering of Leaders". SD Times. 2010-06-01.
- "The 2011 SD Times 100: They write the songs". SD Times. 2011-06-01.
- "The 2012 SD Times 100: A Software Development Superfecta". SD Times. 2012-06-01.
- "CMP Technology Announces Winners of the 17th Annual Jolt Product Excellence & Productivity Awards". PRNewswire. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Deloitte 2011 Technology Fast 500". Deloitte. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Inc 5000". Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Electric Cloud Named to Red Herring 100 North America List". Bloomberg. Retrieved 30 November 2012.