Elements of Life
|Elements of life|
|Studio album by Tiësto|
|Released||6 April 2007
(See release history)
Limited Edition: 99:01
|Singles from Elements of Life|
Elements of Life is the third studio album produced by Dutch trance artist Tiësto, released on 6 April 2007 (see 2007 in music). The album contains collaborations with Jes of Gabriel & Dresden's project Motorcycle, Julie Thompson of Holden & Thompson, Charlotte Martin, Christian Burns, BT, and Maxi Jazz of Faithless. BT collaborates with Tiësto for the first time since Love Comes Again, and Faithless's rapper/singer Maxi Jazz is featuring on Dance4Life. The album has more tracks featuring vocals than previous albums (excluding the remixed Just Be).
The album was nominated in the category "Best Electronic/Dance Album" at the 50th Grammy Awards. In April 2007 the album moved 72,000 units according to Nielsen SoundScan. The album also received gold certifications in Belgium, Hungary, Netherlands, and Romania.
|Elements of Life|
|1.||"Ten Seconds Before Sunrise"||7:31|
|2.||"Everything (feat. JES)"||JES||7:01|
|3.||"Do You Feel Me (feat. Julie Thompson)"||Julie Thompson||6:03|
|5.||"Driving to Heaven"||4:42|
|6.||"Sweet Things (feat. Charlotte Martin)"||Charlotte Martin||5:42|
|8.||"Break My Fall (feat. BT)"||BT||7:14|
|9.||"In the Dark (feat. Christian Burns)"||Christian Burns||4:36|
|10.||"Dance4life (feat. Maxi Jazz)"||Maxi Jazz||5:22|
|11.||"Elements of Life"||8:25|
|12.||"He's a Pirate (Tiësto Remix)"||7:00|
Note: In some territories (including the United States), track 12 is "He's A Pirate" (7:00), a remix of the theme music of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl also featured on the CD single, and on initial retail shipments of Best Buy's exclusive version of the movie soundtrack. "Everything (Acoustic Version)" is excluded.
|Limited Edition Bonus Disc|
|1.||"Everything (Acoustic Version)"||3:34|
|2.||"Dance4life (Fonzerelli Remix)"||7:48|
|3.||"Lethal Industry (Richard Durand Remix)"||8:41|
Note: The Limited Edition contains the original album with the remix of "He's A Pirate" and a bonus disc.
- Composer(s), Producer(s): Tiësto & D.J. Waakop Reijers-Fraaij
- Written By: Tiësto
- Mastered By: Emily Lazar
- Photography: Stephanie Pistel
- Tiësto & D.J. Waakop Reijers-Fraaij composed every song, including composers mentioned below.
During the production of the album Tiësto in several cases sent a demo with the music to certain artists, and they replied back with the lyrics and vocals and other duration times. In the case of Christian Burns from BB Mak, Tiësto met him through MySpace and got in contact with him and the production of the single "In the Dark". The album consists of rock, trance and experimental music, which shows the style Tiësto has grown throughout the years since his previous albums which contained lyrics, In My Memory and Just Be. Producer Brian Transeau collaborated with Tiësto in three tracks, he composed "Bright Morning Star" and "Sweet Things", he also performed the vocals in the single "Break My Fall". Together, they produce more tracks which were not released in the album, Tiësto has mentioned they would work again during the coming summer.
|“||It's a very experimental piece of work and combines the style of rock with trance and electronic, this is the first time that I have combined these different genres. I have always liked rock music so it made sense.||”|
In support of the album, he embarked on his Elements of Life World Tour, the Elements of Life World Tour DVD was released in a party which was held on 29 February 2008 from 8 p.m. - 3 a.m. in London at the IndigO2 club. With the successful release of Elements of Life, Tiësto and fashion designer Giorgio Armani collaborated on a limited edition Tiësto T-shirt available at Armani Exchange stores. His single "Sweet Things" comes with the shirt including an exclusive "A|X Remix" by Tom Cloud which shows the great influence Tiësto has in fashion culture. The charity raised over $300,000. Tiësto and Reebok introduced the new 'Tiësto shoe' in November 2007. The shoebox comes with a special limited-edition Tiësto & Reebok CD, containing the Elements of Life album and the bonus disc. Only 1000 pair units were available for sale in Netherlands. On 28 April, Tiësto released Elements of Life: Remixed, a recompilation of the Elements of Life album with all songs except "He's A Pirate" being replaced by remixed versions, and "He's A Pirate" being replaced by "No More Heroes", a joint production with mute performer trio Blue Man Group.
Charts and Certification
|Netherlands||6 April 2007||Magik Muzik||CD, Album||Magik Muzik CD 07|
|CD, Album||Magik Muzik CD 07S|
|CD, Limited Edition, Bonus Disc||Magik Muzik CD 07/2|
|19 June 2007||4 x vinyl, LP, Limited Edition, Album||Magik Muzik LP 07|
|2007||CD, Limited Edition Album||CD 07RBK|
|Japan||28 March 2007||CD, Album||Magik Muzik CD 07|
|Superb Trax||2 x CD||AVCD-23213-4|
|Avex Taiwan Inc.||CD, Album, DVD, NTSC, Bonus Disc||AVICD60439DB|
|Russia||2007||Dance Planet Ltd.||CD, Album||DP068-07|
|Germany||6 April 2007||Kontor Records||CD, Album||0180732KON|
|United Kingdom||16 April 2007||Nebula Records||CD, Album||NEBCD9015|
|May 2007||2 x vinyl, 12", Sampler||NEBT9015|
|May 2007||2 x vinyl, 12", Sampler||NEBTX9015|
|Norway||2007||DJ Beat Records Scandinavia||CD, Album||DJB077CD|
|Lithuania||15 May 2007||Bomba Records (Lithuania)||CD, Album||BBCD225|
|United States||April 10, 2007||Ultra Records||CD, Album||UL 1515-2|
|Romania||10 April 2007||NRG!A||CD, Album||4088-2|
- Prato, Greg. "Elements of Life: Overview". Allmusic. Retrieved September 7, 2009.
- "Tiesto - Elements of Life CD Review". About.com. Retrieved September 7, 2009.
- Sullivan, Paul (May 10, 2007). "BBC - Music Reivew of Tiësto - Elements of Life". BBC. Retrieved September 7, 2009.
- Vozick-Levinson, Simon (April 6, 2007). "Elements of Life: Music Review: Entertainment Weekly". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 7, 2009.
- Schiller, Mike (July 6, 2007). "PopMatters review". PopMatters. Retrieved September 7, 2009.
- "50th Annual GRAMMY Awards Nominations List". The Recording Academy. 2007-12-05.
- "Elements of Life Gold Status".
- "Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Original Soundtrack - CD - Original Soundtrack".
- "Dance Music About".
- "Brian Transeau".
- "1 Interview".
- "Tiësto announces release Elements of Life World Tour DVD". tiesto.com. Archived from the original on 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "ARMANI EXCHANGE AND Tiësto TEAM UP TO "REMIX THE FUTURE" AND SUPPORT MERCY CORPS". styletraxx.com. Retrieved 2008-03-23.
- "New Hot Reebok 'Run the DJ Tiësto' Online". Central Station. Retrieved 2008-04-17.
- "Tiësto announces release of Elements of Life Remixed". tiesto.com. Archived from the original on 2008-04-15. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- "Ultratop − Goud en Platina – 2007" (in Dutch). Ultratop & Hung Medien / hitparade.ch.
- "Adatbázis – Arany- és platinalemezek – 2007" (in Hungarian). Mahasz.
- "Polish album certifications – Tiësto – Elements of Life" (in Polish). Polish Producers of Audio and Video (ZPAV).
7. 72,000 albums sold in the U.S. http://www.tiesto.com/