|Born||26 February 1970|
Elena Carapetis (born 26 February 1970) is an Australian actress and writer, best known for her role as Jackie Kassis in Heartbreak High, as well as numerous other television series and theatre roles.
She graduated from Australia's National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) with a degree in Performing Arts (Acting) in 1996.
Elena Carapetis has appeared onstage in numerous productions. Her first public performance was in Tonight We Improvise at Adelaide University's Little Theatre on 10 June 1987. This was followed by appearances in Dogg's Hamlet, Cahoot's Macbeth in 1988.
In 1997, she appeared in Features of Blown Youth at The Queens Theatre, Adelaide.
In March 2005, Elena first performed in It's A Mother! at the Sidetrack Theatre, Marrickville, as part of the Greek Festival of Sydney. She would return to this show in 2006 as part of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival and in 2007 as part of Melbourne's Arts House program.
In 2006 Elena again performed in Translations, this time at the Malthouse Theatre, Melbourne and the Beckett Theatre, Southbank. In the same year, she appeared in 4:48 Psychosis at The Queens Theatre Stables, Adelaide.
In 2008, she appeared in Helly's Magic Cup at The Space, Adelaide.
In 2011, appeared in transumer: deviate from the norm at the Waterside Hall, Port Adelaide.
- Dead Europe (2012) ... Sophie
- Burning Man (2011) ... Jane
- Offside (2009) .... Isabella
- Look Both Ways (2005) .... Maria
- Poh's Kitchen
- Wicked Love: The Maria Korp Story (2010)
- All Saints (2000–2009) .... Patrice
- Blue Heelers (2004) .... Cath Matarazzo
- Marking Time (2003) .... Gemma
- Snobs (2003) .... Vet
- Water Rats (2001) .... June Sutcliffe
- Heartbreak High (1998–1999) .... Ms. Jacqueline 'Jackie' Kassis
- Murder Call (1998) .... Despina Stasinopoulos
- Children's Hospital (1998) .... Liz
- Spellbinder: Land of the Dragon Lord (1997) .... Assistant
Elena wrote the stage play Helen Back in 2011. It has been performed in several places, including Sydney and Adelaide. The play made the shortlist for the Drama award at the 2012 Adelaide Festival Awards
- Her mother is Greek Cypriot and her father is from the Greek island of Icaria. Elena is fluent in Greek.
- She is currently developing a play called The Good Son  with assistance from Arts SA.
- Elena appeared in the short film Dusk, which made the shortlist at the 2008 Tropfest Short Film Festival.
- She has worked extensively as a voice over artist on advertising campaigns.
- AusStage - Elena Carapetis
- Translations – The Adelaide review
- Hot Fudge – State Theatre Company of South Australia
- Greek Festival of Sydney
- It's A Mother! – Melbourne International Comedy Festival
- It's A Mother! – Sidetrack Performance Group
- It's A Mother! – Melbourne
- Translations – Malthouse Theatre
- This Uncharted Hour – The Adelaide Festival Centre
- The Things We Do For Love – Dunstan Playhouse
- Australian Stage, 9 June 2012
- Schoolgirls play who dares sins - The Age, 18 May 2012
- IMDb - The Pyjama Monologues
- IMDb – Dusk
- IMDb – Frames
- IMDb - Poh's Kitchen
- IMDb – Wicked Love: The Maria Korp Story
- AusStage - Helen Back
- Short + Sweet, Sydney - 2 April 2012
- Readings - 7 February 2012
- The Australian, Books prizes: let the games begin - 6 February 2012
- Marx and Venus – a script written by Elena Carapetis
- The Good Son – Arts SA funding
- 2008 Tropfest Short Film Festival.
- International Casting Services & Associates