Elephant (Tame Impala song)
|Single by Tame Impala|
|from the album Lonerism|
|Released||28 July 2012|
|Format||Single, Digital, Vinyl|
|Writer(s)||Kevin Parker, Jay Watson|
|Tame Impala singles chronology|
Elephant is actually one of the oldest songs that I have, it's just been in the vaults this whole time. I'm not sure why we never recorded it before, but we were just playing it at a sound check one night and everyone in the band was like, 'We should just put this on the album', and so we did.
"Elephant" features a bluesier side of Tame Impala, heard more frequently on their EP, as the song was written around that stage. Because it was written around that time "Elephant" is "an anomaly on Lonerism. There are no other songs that have that bluesy riffing".
The artwork was designed by Leif Podhajsky.
- Appeared at #7 on Triple J's Hottest 100 for 2012.
- Won Best Song at the EG Music Awards
- Zane Lowe declared it the "Hottest Record in the World" for 26 July 2012.
- "Elephant" was used in advertisements for the Blackberry Z10 and in the second season finale of the HBO show Girls.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (March 2014)|
- "Elephant" peaked at #77 on Australian charts and #131 on UK charts in 2012.
- As of September 11, 2013, the song has peaked at #9 on US Alternative charts.
- "Tame Impala - Elephant". australian-charts.com. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Tame Impala single 'Elephant'". Self-titled Mag. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Tame Impala Stereogum Lonerism feature". Stereogum. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Tame Impala SFWeekly Lonerism Feature". SFWeekly. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Hottest 100 - 2012 | triple j
- "EG Music Awards 2012". FasterLouder. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Zane Lowe's Hottest Records blog: Hottest Record - Tame Impala - Elephant". BBC. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- BlackBerry Z10 Commercial Ad on YouTube
- Girls Season 2 Soundtrack List (2013) | Girls