From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up elevation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Elevation is the height of a geographic location above mean sea level
Elevation may also refer to:
- Elevation (liturgy), the lifting of consecrated bread and wine in Mass
- Elevation (episcopal), ecclesiastical promotion from priest to bishop
- Elevation, the lifting effect of the sound source in the center between stereo loudspeakers.
- Elevation (ballistics), the angle between the horizontal plane and the direction of the barrel of a gun, mortar or heavy artillery
- Altitude (astronomy), one of the coordinates of the horizontal coordinate system used in satellite communication and astronomy
- Elevation (view), an orthographic view, commonly used in architectural drawing to represent a building facade
- Elevation (kinesiology), an anatomical term of motion
- Elevation (psychology), an emotion
- Elevation (linguistics), a type of semantic change
- Elevation can be synonymous for vertical privilege escalation, which, in computing, provides a mean of accessing information or performing actions reserved for a system administrator
In music and pop culture:
- "Elevation", a song by the American band Television from the album Marquee Moon.
- Elevation (song), U2's 2001 single from the album All That You Can't Leave Behind
- "Elevation", a song by Zion I from Mind Over Matter
- "Elevation", a Dutch trance song composed by Jack Molenschot
- Elevation Tour, U2's 2001 concert tour
- Elevation 2001: U2 Live from Boston, U2's Elevation Tour concert video release
- Elevation Partners, a private equity firm
- Elevation (Yonder Mountain String Band album)
- Elevation (Anggun album)
- Elevation (Pharoah Sanders album)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.