Eleven on Top
|Eleven on Top|
2005 Paperback Cover
|Publisher||St. Martin's Press|
|June 21, 2005|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover, Paperback)|
|Preceded by||Ten Big Ones|
|Followed by||Twelve Sharp|
Eleven on Top is the eleventh novel by Janet Evanovich featuring the bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. It was published in June 2005, and quickly became a #1 best-seller, remaining on the USA Today list of 150 best-selling novels for 19 weeks.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
Stephanie Plum has had enough. Enough of bounty hunting, enough of being constantly shot at, and enough of having her cars blown up on a semi-regular basis.
So, she retires.
But she's not done with the bounty-hunting business yet..
Someone is, once again, attempting to kill her. It's someone she knows, and someone who knows her too well.
In between short, ill-fated periods working at a button factory, the Kan-Kleen Dry-Cleaning Service, and serving chicken at Cluck-in-a-Bucket, Plum must survive the various attempts on her life while trying to discover who wants to kill her this time.
Adding to her troubles is a very protective on-and-off boyfriend, an only semi-functional family, and Lula, ex-prostitute-turned-bounty-hunter, who only barely has a grasp on the finer side of the job.
All in all, she thinks it's a fairly normal day.
- Stephanie Plum - the protagonist, a fugitive apprehension agent who quits her job and works at a button factory, Kan Klean dry cleaner, and a fast food restaurant known as Cluck-in-a-Bucket. She is in a love triangle with Ranger and Joe Morelli, and is part of a somewhat-unorthodox family.
- Valerie - Stephanie's sister, who is to be married.
- Vinnie - Stephanie's cousin, the bail bondsman in a Trenton, NJ district called the Burg.
- Ranger - a bounty hunter whom Stephanie ends up working for.
- Joe Morelli - a tough Trenton cop who is Stephanie's on/off boyfriend.
- Lula - Stephanie's foul-mouthed sidekick and former prostitute.
- Grandma Mazur - Stephanie's grandmother.
- Grandma Bella - Joe's grandma. Rumored to give the eye which enables her to curse people. She also has visions.
- Mama Macaroni - Stephanie's former employer. She was the owner of Kan Klean until she blew up when she stole Stephanie's car.
- Frank Plum - Stephanie's father
- Constantine Stiva - Spiro's father and owner of the Burg's favorite funeral home
- Rex - Stephanie's pet hamster.
This book makes mention of Spiro Stiva . It is the first time since book #2 that his name is mentioned or his whereabouts questioned.
- Saturn that was blown up with Mama Macaroni in it.
- Joe's SUV (make unmentioned). In garage that got bombed.
- "Best-selling Books Database", USA Today, retrieved 2007-09-13
|This article about a crime novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|