|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Peter Manoogian|
|Produced by||Charles Band|
|Written by||Paul De Meo
|Music by||Bob Summers|
|Edited by||Andy Horvitch|
|Distributed by||Empire Pictures|
|Release date(s)||January 31, 1986|
|Running time||96 min|
|Country|| United States
Eliminators is a 1986 film directed by Peter Manoogian. The plot concernes a "Mandroid" constructed by an evil scientist from the body of a downed pilot, who teams up with the scientist responsible for android technology, her pet robot Spot, a riverboat guide, and a martial arts warrior. The film was directed by Peter Manoogian, and stars Andrew Prine, Denise Crosby and Patrick Reynolds.
After returning from a scouting mission in a time machine, the Mandroid gives a Roman centurion shield to his master Abbot Reeves. Reeves orders the Mandroid to be dismantled (killed), but Reeves' assistant Takada tries to help the Mandroid to escape. Although Takada dies in the escape attempt, he tells the Mandroid to seek scientist Col. Nora Hunter for help in stopping Reeves from enacting an evil plan. In the U.S., the Mandroid finds Hunter and reveals himself to her. She believed Reeves to be dead and recognizes her designs for a Mars probe in the Mandroid. She repairs damage done to the Mandroid in his escape. The Mandroid plans to return to stop Reeves' evil plans (whatever they may be) and Hunter insists on accompanying him as his mechanic. She also brings along S.P.O.T., a small flying scout robot of her own design.
Arriving in South America, Hunter hires the best river boat captain she can find in a seedy bar, one Harry Fontana, and they head down a river. After running afoul of rival riverboat captains and Reeves' men, they end up finding the Mandroid's crashed plane after an encounter with a tribe of cavemen brought to this time by Reeves' time travel experiments. They also meet Kuji, the ninja son of Doctor Takada, who has come to find his father. The Mandroid informs him that his father is dead, killed by Reeves. He joins the group, which then storms Reeves' headquarters, only to be captured by Reeves, now a cyborg himself, more advanced than the Mandroid, whose body is designed to look like Roman armor. Reeves plans to travel back to ancient Rome and become the new Caesar.
Released in January 1986, the film grossed $4,601,256. After the film's theatrical release, it was released on videocassette by Playhouse Video, the children's video division of CBS/FOX Video, in the USA, and by Cineplex Odeon in Canada.
The "Ferris Club" creators Classy Hands parodied Eliminators with a fake commercial in a fall 2010 release of their website.
- Andrew Prine ... Harry Fontana, riverboat captain.
- Denise Crosby ... Colonal Nora Hunter, blonde lady scientist.
- Patrick Reynolds ... Mandroid/John, a pilot who crashed in South America and turned into the cybernetic tool of Abbott Reeves.
- Conan Lee ... Kuji, ninja son of Doctor Takada.
- Roy Dotrice ... Abbott Reeves, evil scientist.
- Peter Schrum ... Ray
- Peggy Mannix ... Bayou Betty, evil rival riverboat captain to Harry.
- Fausto Bara ... Luis
- Tad Horino ... Takada, good scientist assistant to Reeves.
- Luis Lorenzo ... Maurice
- José Moreno ... Neanderthal Shaman (as Pepe Moreno)
- Charly Bravo ... Bartender
- Miguel de Grandy ... Chief Guard (as Miguel de Grandi)
- Gabino Diego ... Young Guard (as Gabino Diego Solis)
-  Classy Hands, Dave White's ATV Laser Shield Emporium