Elin Hilderbrand is an American writer of Summer beach read romance novels. Hilderbrand's novels have all been set on and around Nantucket Island where she lives with her husband and three children. She was born and raised in Collegeville, Pennsylvania and is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University and was previously a teaching/writing fellow at the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop.
Hilderbrand spent her summers on Cape Cod, "playing touch football at low tide, collecting sea glass, digging pools for hermit crabs, swimming out to the wooden raft off shore," until her father died in a plane crash when she was sixteen. She spent the next summer working, doing piecework in a factory that made Halloween costumes; she promised herself that the goal for the rest of her life would be that she would always have a real summer. She moved to Nantucket in July of 1993, took a job as "the classified ads girl" at a local paper, and later started writing.
- Beautiful Day (2014; ISBN 978-0-316-09976-9)
- Summerland (2012; ISBN 978-0-316-09983-7)
- Silver Girl (2011; ISBN 978-0-316-09966-0)
- The Island (2010; ISBN 978-0-316-04387-8)
- The Castaways (2009; ISBN 978-0-340-91980-4)
- A Summer Affair (2008; ISBN 978-0-316-01860-9)
- Barefoot (2008; ISBN 978-0-316-01859-3)
- The Love Season (2007; ISBN 0-312-36969-7)
- The Blue Bistro (2006; ISBN 978-0-312-99262-0)
- Summer People (2004; ISBN 978-0-312-99719-9
- Nantucket Nights (2002; ISBN 978-0-312-98976-7)
- The Beach Club (2000; ISBN 978-0-312-38242-1)
- The Nantucket Independent, 13 June 2007. "for the ARTS record". Accessed 24 November 2008.
- "The Love Season" - (back flap). Accessed 24 November 2008.
- amazon.com "About the author". Accessed 24 November 2008.
- Elin Hilderbrand (June 23, 2011, 2013). "What I Know for Sure about Sand in My Sheets". "Oprah". Retrieved April 26, 2013. Check date values in:
|This article about a fiction writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|