||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013)|
Elisabet Sahtouris is an American evolutionary biologist, futurist, business consultant, event organizer and UN consultant on indigenous peoples. She is a popular lecturer, television and radio personality, author of EarthDance, Biology Revisioned co-authored with Willis Harman and A Walk Through Time: From Stardust To Us.
She has been invited to China by the Chinese National Science Association, organized Earth Celebration 2000 in Athens, Greece, and has been a United Nations consultant on indigenous peoples. She was a participant in the Humanity 3000 dialogues of the Foundation for the Future and in the Synthesis Dialogues with the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala. She consults with corporations and government organizations in Australia, Brazil, and the United States.
Sahtouris completed her postdoctoral work at the American Museum of Natural History in New York and taught at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and MIT. She was a science writer for the Horizon/Nova television series. She has lived extensively in Greece and the Peruvian Andes. She promotes a vision she believes will result in the sustainable health and well-being of humanity within the larger living systems of Earth and the cosmos.
Sahtouris appears in the feature documentary film about the Dalai Lama, entitled Dalai Lama Renaissance. She also appears more recently in the films I Am and Thrive - although she and nine others who appear in the latter, including astronaut Edgar Mitchell, have signed a joint letter of disassociation from it - stating that the nature of the film had been misrepresented at the time of their interviews, citing particularly its 'Us and Them' stance.
- After Darwin
- Skills for the Age of Sustainability: Tachi Kiuchi's Tokyo newsletter, The Bridge, May 2002
- Living Systems in Evolution. World Parliament of Religions. Cape Town, South Africa, December 1999
- Earthdance - Living Systems in Evolution (with prologue by Brian Swimme and epilog by Sidney Liebes).
- Biology Revisioned, with Willis Harman, North Atlantic Publishers 1998. ISBN 1-55643-267-4
- A Walk Through Time: From Stardust to Us, Wiley 1998.
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (August 2013)|
- Official website
- Articles & interviews
- LifeWeb - articles and books
- Elisabet Sahtouris MP3 audio - Nature's Secrets of Success from The Great Rethinking: Bath, sponsored by The Prophets Conference
- Video of Elisabet Sahtouris with the Dalai Lama during filming of the documentary "Dalai Lama Renaissance"
- Elisabet Sahtouris MP3 audio - from Shift in Action, sponsored by Institute of Noetic Sciences