Elisabeth ("Wiz") Bachman (born November 7, 1978 in Minneapolis, Minnesota) is a retired volleyball player from the United States, who represented her native country at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. There she finished in fifth place with the USA National Team.
At the 2000 USA Volleyball Open Championships playing with the Westwood Volleyball Club of Los Angeles, Bachman won the championship and she was selected All-Tournament.
|Wikinews has related news: American tourist killed in Beijing|
Her parents, Todd and Barbara, were attacked in an incident in Beijing when they attended the 2008 Olympics. Todd was killed, while Barbara was critically injured. A 47 year old Chinese man named Tang Yongming assaulted them at the Drum Tower eight kilometres from the main Olympic site before leaping to his death from the 40-metre high balcony.
- 2001 – Montreux Volley Masters
- 2001 – World Championship Qualifier
- 2001 – World Grand Prix(gold medal)
- 2001 – NORCECA Zone Championships
- 2001 – World Grand Champions Cup
- 2002 – World Championships (silver medal)
- 2003 – Montreux Volley Masters
- 2003 – Pan American Cup (gold medal)
- 2003 – Pan American Games (bronze medal)
- 2003 – NORCECA Zone Championships (gold medal)
- 2003 – World Cup (bronze medal)
- 2004 – Olympic Games (fifth place)
- Ohio Valley Region. "2000 U.S.A. Open Volleyball Championship" (PDF). Retrieved October 12, 2010.
- Magnier, Mark; Evan Osnos (August 10, 2008). "Killing brings grief but not fear". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 8, 2007.
|This biographical article relating to volleyball in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|